1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Wills 150 - in progress + pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobov50, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Reeferforlyfe

Reeferforlyfe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You and your buddy do great work will.

2. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New toy Neptune Apex spent most of the night playing around with this thing cant wait to really try it out. tomorrow i will be running new wires for a dedicated circuit for the tank, hooking up the apex and building a stand for a new frag tank i will post more pics as soon as i can.
    [​IMG]

3. Reeferforlyfe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump!

4. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Few updates. first off the new Wiring is done dedicated circuit in place managed to hook up and run the new apex controller, and added salt the tank is really starting to take off and hopefully in the next couple of months i will have everything running full bore. I did not have time to build a stand for the new frag tank but once the tank is up and cycling ill plumb it into the system.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    fennex 300 watt heaters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wireless game adapter a must have..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Nice build thread (and nice frag tank LOL)

6. Reeferforlyfe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol!

7. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    : ) Thanks bud, You do really nice work.
    Few updates: I managed to install the lights for the refugium the bulbs are 6500k 23 watt flood lamps it will be a couple of weeks until i am ready to use them. I finally found a way to keep my drain pipes from splashing water all over the outside of the top sump with a filter sock and a few zip ties. I plan on dividing the bottom sump with egg crate in the next two days, after the tank has cycled i will grow cheato and mangroves on either side of the sump below the lamps that currently hang there.
     [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have attempted to further lessen the amount of splashing in the top tub of my sump with this monster bubble tower and from what i can tell it is working. Not really sure if it is the best method but for right now i will let it fly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used egg crate and zip ties to divide the sump i would have liked to use acrylic but i think this was the cheapest way and most effective.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Everything looks great Will! (Thanks for posting the wireless game adapter (Netgear) also. I just got an Apex and may need to get one.) Everything looks well thought out and clean! I like your ingenuity for the splashing too! Good work/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

11. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    The netgear adapter works great and is really easy to set up, purchased mine from best buy
    I did countless hours of web searching to see how other people set up there tanks and most of that research has been implemented into this current tank build. I have had a lot of help from friends and that keeps me from cutting corners.
    The bubble tower i found on Reef central somebody with a stock tank sump like mine had used that idea to reduce splashing and it worked really well for them so i thought i would give it a try, so far its working great.

12. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

How's the tank Will...is the cycle over?  I'm ready to see more!/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

I bought the NetGear from BB also.  Now I just need to figure out how to set it up...and my Apex/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crazy.gif  Wish you lived closer!

13. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Posted By Sponge on 05/10/2012 02:22 AM
    How's the tank Will...is the cycle over?  I'm ready to see more![​IMG]
    Added rock to both sides of the sump along with cheato seems to be growing
    [​IMG]
    New EB8 for the AI sols and powerheads
    [​IMG]
    Retro Fit AIs in canopy (Astragal Retainer , 8 10-32x2inch or 8 10-32x3inch screws, drill bit and bandsaw) the flange on the retainer gets chopped off with the saw to make it lay flat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finished Product
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. bearsareawsome Well-Known ReefKeeper

Norwalk, IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow thats some lights now. I can't wait to see them with coral and such.

15. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree i cant wait to pack this tank full of coral... I am not really sure how i forgot to post this but here is the Skimmer i am using, I would like to add that i purchased the AIs, Eb8 and Skimmer from AC&C Craig and all his employees are top notch and very helpful if you every have time to stop by there store i highly recommend it you will not be disappointed.
    SRO 5000INT
    [​IMG]

16. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I like the probe holder! How is the spread with the AI's? Have you taken any par readings?  Are you waiting on the Vortecs?  What are the dimensions of the tank?  My 135 is 6' and I couldn't get the flow I wanted with the MP40's so I got a MP60...running that with the 2 MP40's/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

17. PJtree23

PJtree23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good.

What are you plans for the stocking??

Pics with the LEDs on pls.

18. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Posted By Sponge on 05/11/2012 02:04 AM

I like the probe holder! How is the spread with the AI's? Have you taken any par readings?  Are you waiting on the Vortecs?  What are the dimensions of the tank?  My 135 is 6' and I couldn't get the flow I wanted with the MP40's so I got a MP60...running that with the 2 MP40's[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks great. One thing I noticed that I would be concerned about would be the over flow and the socks. When they get clogged between changes are you worried about them causing an over flow onto the floor? I know mine sometimes as water flowing over the top of the sock before I get a chance to change them out.

20. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As of now my plans are to stock only SPS and Zoas but that might change to a more mixed reef i have so much more room in this tank compared to my 75gal that filling it up is going to take some time as for fish ill choose anything reef safe