1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Wills 150 - in progress + pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobov50, Oct 26, 2011.

1. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all just wanted to share my 150/build i have been around this site for some time but have not had much to show. Until now that is total tank volume is around 230/250 gallons the sumps are consisted of 2 rubber made tubs located in my basement. ReeFlo Barracuda 4300gph is the power house of this system, tank is a AGA 150 sand bed 3 bags of crushed coral i have 150 pounds of dried live rock that was ordered from bulk reef supply most of it being reef saver the rest is figi.
    Things i have yet to purchase...
    Lighting x3 - LumenArc III Mini reflectors / USHIO 250w 14,000K / Lumatek 250W Metal Halide Electronic Ballast
    Vho - 2x 60' Super Actinic R VHO Fluorescents/ ballast ? ice cap 660 maybe.
    Skimmer - Super Reef Octopus 5000
    Controller - Neptune Apex
    Power heads x2 - Ecotech Vortech MP 40s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for checking out my thread /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Pinch & Gonzo

Pinch & Gonzo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there water in that tank?

3. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Looks good. I hope thats not the salt your using in the tank..... [​IMG] if your looking for a super all in one fixture check out this one  it has the lumen bright/t5 led all in one with a single cord to the fixture and a single ballast box super clean with the lumatek luxcore ballast new version of the lumatek's This is what I am putting on my 350.  I do have 3 brand new in the box lumatek ballast here if you are still going to go with separate components if you want to purchase them from me.

4. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
     Yes but only fresh, until i am able to afford lights and all the rest ill hold off on the salt.

5. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol nope softener salt would not be a good choice for a reef tank but if it was id have plenty. That really would be a nice setup but 1400.00 is a little high for me. I might consider the 3 ballasts shoot me a PM with the price.

6. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A few more pics
     6 stage ro/di
     [​IMG]
    Tank with all the rock 
    [​IMG]
    Carbon/GFO reactor
    [​IMG]
    drain pipes
    [​IMG]

7. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Setups looking good keep the pics coming! Love the stand.

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Very nice tank, canopy and stand/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif  You've been busy Will/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wow.gif/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wow.gif  Lookin' good!!

9. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    What are the dementions of the tank?

10. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks all, i am really happy with the stand and canopy as well i was told it
    was built by a carpenter up in Wisconsin he took a lot of time putting
    it together some of it was carved by hand just glad i ended up with it.
    Dementions of the tank are 72x 18x 29
    few more pics
    left side plumbing
    [​IMG]
    right side plumbing
    [​IMG]
    back into the wall
    [​IMG]
    inside the wall and going down
    [​IMG]

11. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the slow reply, the 3 lumatek ballast I purchased from BRS are the 250/400 watt ones and paid $150 all are new in the box still.  I'll sell them for $130 each can bring them to fall fest for you if your going.  The lumen bright fixture wouldn't work on your tank anyway since it is 24" wide.

12. John J

John J Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great lookin build! Nice stand and canopy work! U make them yourself? Plumbing looks nice and clean as well! Keep the pics comin, love checkin out the progress!!

13. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no problem i am still interested in the ballasts but its going to be many weeks until i am able to purchase the lighting equipment. i did hear that the lumen bright fixtures are top of the line even more so then the lumenarcs wish my tank was a little wider not only to house those type of fixtures but also for stacking rocks.

14. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much, i did not a carpenter from wisconsin built both the stand and canopy. The plumbing was a major task it took me and two of my friends 3 nights to complete the drain lines and the return line. Drain lines are both 1 1/2" pvc the return is 1 1/2" from the pump until it meets the wall in the basement from there to the tank it gets reduced to 1" then 3/4".

15. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really awesome canopy! Looking good.

16. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Always so envious of fish room basements. IDK what I am going to do when I finally buy a house! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif

17. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fish rooms make things so much easier with my 75gal everything is crammed in and its hard to empty the skimmer, change carbon and do a simple water change. With the basement build i am able to work all around and get to things so much faster its a must have i think.

18. Reeferforlyfe

Reeferforlyfe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Update your thread will I AM. That's some nice plumbing there, glad I could be a part of this build yo. Just hurry up and get ur gear so I can see this beast in action!

19. Reeferforlyfe

Reeferforlyfe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good as always tho... Keep it up!

20. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I replaced the 100 pounds of BRS reef saver rocks with a 100 pounds of BRS Dry Figi rocks and this is what me and my buddy mike came up with.
    [​IMG]