1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Will DM Zoo take my HumuHumu?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by billbigsbe, Jun 8, 2008.

1. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anybody know if the Dsm Zoo will accept fish. Hes been my buddie for 3 yrs, but he is a TRIGGER FISH!!! He dosnt leave anything alone(inverts). He is doing great but im forced w/the purchase of a larger setup or gettin rid of him. I cant just trade him off (pets ,even fish arnt disposable) Any help will be great![​IMG]

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember seeing an aggressive tank there, but you could always ask and see.... maybe they could put it in the big FO tank.

What kind of inverts has he picked on?

3. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    anything that moves, he has never touched my coral just crabs, snails ,starfish, ect...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The last time I was there, they did have some more aggressive fish in their large FO tank. I would think they would take him.

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I might be interested. I am setting up a 240 soon with a puffer and a Lion. As long as he doesn't bother my puffer I would be good. I am probabally a month off having it setup though.

6. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lee on 06/08/2008 2:30 PM
    I don't remember seeing an aggressive tank there, but you could always ask and see.... maybe they could put it in the big FO tank.

What kind of inverts has he picked on?
    Last time I spoke to Troy, he said they weren't taking donations to the big FO tank because they don't want to take the chance of introducing anything bad into it. I know they have some smaller coral tanks but I don't think humus are reef safe.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am very interested in the humu humu i have a lionfish and i bet they will get along fine. I am located in cedar falls are you near?? if so lets work something out!!

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This thread is 3months old, I am doubting he still has the trigger.