1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Wii anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by overanalyzer, Nov 6, 2007.

1. overanalyzer

overanalyzer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Saw the halo post - anyone else on here a Wii fan?

2. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a HUGE Wii fan, but I don't actually have one...

All the money I was going to use to buy one for myself as a birthday present went into my new display tank! I'm much happier having a 70 G display compared to a 40 G and the built in overflow/starphire sides are also great...but man I want a Wii...

3. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I'm a Wii fan but I don't have one either. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually got my wife to suggest that we may need to buy a wii tonight!!! I have played my brothers and think it would be a blast at family christmas parties.

5. overanalyzer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    tons of fun.... I have madden 2007 and mario party - mario party rocks for a great fun together game!

6. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We played mario party. It is crazy how much the Wii actually recognizes even subtle movements. We tried bowling and it even had the same slight curve that I have in real life. My brother still cannot hit a straight shot in Wii golf either. His slice carries over into the game. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i used to want a wii so badly. i still havent seen one in a store... how much are they going for now? same price as before?

8. overanalyzer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pretty much the same price - the whole idea is to get more non-hard core gamers in volved so I can't see it getting outrageously priced. Very fun and I would highly recommend it! Everyone from my 6 year old daughter to my 86 year old grandmother play it!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i was hoping it would be cheaper.. haha.

i suppose i will wait a year or 2 longer? heh.

10. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I might see if I can pick one up after xmas for cheap, or just steal one from Wal-mart.

11. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I guess the WII's are modable now, which means you can play your legally backed-up games on them. I want one now.

/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

12. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well me and my gf bought one last night as our xmas gifts to either other. we pay 300 for a used one with the sport games one other game and about 12 download oldschool games on it. I think we got a ok deal, since i can't find any right now in the stores. I love it so far,but the worst thing is the accesss. are pricey. I bought two more remotes so we can all play and they are 40 each. But is lot of fun

13. overanalyzer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd beware the mods - nintendo has pushed firmware upgrades that take out the mod chip which means you have to either get a new wii or w new mod chip.... me - I'd rather just get the games I want

David - yeah the controls are a ***** to buy - but get Wii play - it has an extra controller and a bunch of mini-games that are fun to play!

14. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea i just bought wiiplay tonight, but the game are kinda stupid. but for any extra 10bucks not bad