1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Why is it that everytime I see a fish I like it isnt suited for my tank.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Apr 13, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I think my next tank will be a fish only as it sesms like all the really cool fish will nibble, or eat corals.

2. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of fish are you looking at for your tank

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Thats mother natures way of getting back at reefkeepers for taking her goodies out of the ocean.

4. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a blue throat trigger Im wanting to get rid of. He doesnt bother anything but whenever I add something new my PBT harasses the crap out of whatever it is wich triggers something in the trigger and then he kills it. If they make it for a couple of days there all good and he pays no attention to them.

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ever try quarantining the trigger a week before you add something new and then add him back last?

6. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i added a black and white clown (Lilu, who was definently a female, her husband decided to carpet surf) to my tank after i had a rugular fasle perc (Korbin) in ther for 2 years (which would make her a female too being the only clown) and they are fine. I caught Korbin and put her in a little quarintine net box thing i got at the LSF (i can put a picture on here if you would like) The net hooked on the side of my tank. I put Lilu in the tank and she swam around not even noticing Korbin. Korbin was in there for 4 days and then i let her out. The two clowns went face to face for the first 5 mins and did their dance and now they live together fine. They still show off to eachother but never any biting. The net lets the new fish get used to the tank without being harassed. The only problem is the net is about 6" X 4", so if your trigger is bigger than it might not work but should be an easy DIY project.

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    There is a really cool goby I saw, of course max tank temp can only be 75 degree. And of course all the cool angels & butterflys are out as they eat corals. As well as most triggers.

8. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A couple butterflies are reef safe. My yellow longnose doesn't touch my coral :) I guess it's hit or miss though.

9. Bzishka

Bzishka Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have a blue fin angel (pygmy though) he doesn't nip at any of my corals, honestly he likes flakes better then live brine shrimp

10. Bzishka

Bzishka Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you have like what a 1 in 8 chance of gettin a coral safe butterfly/angelfish?

11. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Someone's done a test? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif