1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Who will be at MACNA Orlando?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bud, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I’m leaving Wednesday AM, come see me at booth 422. That’s the Clear Water Scrubbers booth, but for anyone who doesn’t know, Josh Johnson and I joined forces and formed CWT Aquatics to start building sumps that are designed around both of our Algae Scrubbers, so I’ll have my scrubbers there, Josh will have his, and you can see our sumps as well as a full tank setup. Here’s a few pics...the setup is going to look slick. We’re already booked for 2020 also!

5D1B84C4-7CD8-4BE3-B872-4316E03AC62F.jpeg

4E9B8221-CBD1-4DD0-A12E-BD5CFC691B39.jpeg

58AEFE87-2022-4C03-BF22-115F1FAF3C27.jpeg

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    The sump looks great Bud! Congrats to you and Josh! Have fun in Orlando and great success with sales!

3. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    We will definitely stop by your booth

4. Wish I could go.. : /

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    It was a good time but relatively dead because of Dorian. Mainly the die hards. Lots of people didn’t show, one vendor set up coral tanks and tore down & left before the show even started. Then they announced Friday evening that they were closing MCO Monday 2am and everyone scrambled to get earlier flights, 1/4 of the vendors tore down Saturday, then they decided not to close the airport after all. Sunday was dead.

I drove to Tampa Monday AM instead of rolling the dice on my Monday 6:30 am flight.

Sanjay got out OK but a tornado near JFK still Sanjayed him and he got re-routed. I think I avoided any problems by not even making eye contact with Sanjay. I’m going to stick with that...

I got to tour ACI Aquaculture on Sunday. All I have to say is...DAMN. They have to have $1M worth of coral in there, easily.

Next year is Phoenix.

6. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    We also enjoyed it and had a good time and as Bud said MACNA was hurt by Dorian and there was some panic all weekend on what to do but as it turned out we had plenty of time and left as we planned Monday morning and drove home with no problems whatsoever , not sure we will make Phoenix next year but still have hope to go as it would be our 10th consecutive year attending ,I do love going to MACNA