1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Who`s bringing what to the frag swap?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phishcrazee, Feb 15, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it too early to start a thread like this?  I'm mainly wondering if anyone's bringing and blue milli, as I want some /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What frag swap?  You can see how much attention I've been paying lately.

3. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it's looking like april 5th in des moines

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty much bringing a frag or 2 of everything i have.
    Pics can be found here.

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/site/Community/PhotoGalleries/tabid/57/AlbumID/461-18/Default.aspx

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Waverz on 02/15/2008 12:36 PM
    I'm pretty much bringing a frag or 2 of everything i have.
    Pics can be found here.

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/site/Community/PhotoGalleries/tabid/57/AlbumID/461-18/Default.aspxYes, I looked through your pictures already, and I think I saw some blue milli, do you have some?  Nice pictures, btw /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

6. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shrooms, pom pom xenia, blue xenia...

Think that is about it for me. Just thinning the proverbial herd.

7. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good, hopefully I can make it.  I dont have a blue milli, but even though my tank is smaller, I should be able to come up with a frag or two/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ZLTFUL on 02/15/2008 12:52 PM
    Shrooms, pom pom xenia, blue xenia...

Think that is about it for me. Just thinning the proverbial herd.
    [size="-1"]Blue Xenia, is it Cespitularia? I didn't see that in your tank?  All I saw was Jerry's Pom Pom's. Were you holding out on us?[/size]

9. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The stuff on the left is it.
    It's the same stuff we bth got from Chris when I brought back your Sebae for you.

The lighting made it look similar but when you add actinicis, the pom pom gets more pink but the on the left side of the tank, the blue almost slaps you in the face. Under just the 10,000k mh, it looks alot like regular Red Sea...

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh OK, I'm not sure what regular Red Sea is. You'll get people all excited about Blue Xenia. The type of Blue Xenia I was thinking of is Cespitularia which is actually worth alot right now, about 50-100 per small frag. I have some but it is a slow grower for me. It has only about doubled, so I don't if I will have some for the swap or not. Plus, it doesn't travel well.
    I will probabally bring GSP, Shrooms, Toadstool and Pink Birdsnext.

11. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It looks identical to the pic you posted of your blue...
    Well it looks identical with both actinics and 10,000k mh running. Under just the 10,000k mh it has a ever so slight blue tint to the stalks but looks mostly pink.

12. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That does sound like it. If it is the same stuff we got from Chris, it is quite a bit different. The [size="-1"]Cespitularia seems to be more spindly. It does depend on the lighting and health to how blue it gets. The [/size][size="-1"]Cespitularia also glistens with blue flecks like it has glitter in it.
    [/size]

13. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm I like your chalice waverz. I've never been to a frag swap before, as I'm still kind of a noob. I have some decent coral though that I could frag. Some of it's already cut and ready to go.
    Pink & Orange Zoas
    Various Acans
    Tons of Kenya that I need to get rid of.
    Red and Green Favia
    Candy Cane Frags

14. Tina

Tina

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Steph1643 on 02/15/2008 12:06 PM
    it's looking like april 5th in des moines
    Is there going to be a swap in des moines on april 5th for the club that isnt listed on the event calender??

15. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes, it isnt listed because the location and thererfore the date have not been finalized. people are working hard to figure details out and information should be posted soon.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just saw this thread.

The location and date are finalized, but there are a FEW details yet to be figured out.

It will be at the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Look for basically finalized details beginning of next week.

I think it's way, way too early to start a "what are you bringing" thread. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

17. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am bringing a decent amount but I won't be listing them since I don't want to pre-sell them before the swap...otherwise it wouldn't leave much for those that are coming to the swap to buy frags.

18. nielsen2773

nielsen2773 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think thats a great idea Sone dont pre sale  make people come out and see what you have ,that way it is fair for everyone.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I WILL be listing and posting pictures of everything that I will have for sale, but I am not going to sell any of it before 11 a.m. April 5th, but may arrange trades with other sellers (obviously they'll already be there /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif)