1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Who`s a Stop on the Spring Tank Tour

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by JB, Jan 15, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So just curious...  Who's thinking about having their tank be a stop on the spring tank tour?
    I'm happy to be a stop again if we need a filler, but hopefully we'll see a few new tanks this time?
    -JB

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would haft to agree with JB. It would be nice to see some new tanks this time.

3. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    depends if im ready for when it happens, anyone have ideas of when?

4. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Currently I have it scheduled for:

Saturday, March 21, 2009

However, since the CR/IC community did not have much input on the schedule times, which is really quite hard to go over all events at one time I am going to poll for event times at the beginning of each month, to get area participant availability and work from there.

5. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i love march idea i'll be ready by then i just dont know how much will be in there

6. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My tank will only have frags and fish, nothing big /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just so everyone knows, there is no requirement that your tank be well established to be on the tour. Part of the fun of the tank tour is getting to see and discuss other people's setups no matter what phase they are in.

Everyone's tank was new at some point...

-JB

8. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 01/16/2009 09:55 AM
    Just so everyone knows, there is no requirement that your tank be well established to be on the tour. Part of the fun of the tank tour is getting to see and discuss other people's setups no matter what phase they are in.
    Everyone's tank was new at some point...
    -JB
    Sure easy for you to say JB, your not the one who has to deal with the depression after coming over to see your tank then going home! [​IMG]

9. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine should be ready by then but I'm not sure any one wants to drive to Muscatine, unless some IC people are on the tour, REEFer Madness is here too maybe we can get him to show his tank to, up to you guys.

10. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Part of the fun is seeing the progress from year to year. So even if your tank has lots of little frags, it makes it all the better the next time we see it.

11. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would love to have people stop and look at my setups and get input from everyone and ideas on what to do next, the problem I live WAY out of the way for ANY tank tour. Unless someone want to drive another 45 minutes south of IC then I am out. I will however be looking forward to attending the tour, Shaun

12. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I might be able to come to CR but I doubt any of you are going to want to come to burlington to check out mine lol..unless there are enough people in this area I have no idea.

13. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well you know I would really love to have a tour in the IC area.
    It never seems to work out when we split it between the two areas IC vs. CR.
    There is usually one or at most two tanks that offer in that area, and a lot of people just skip the IC part.
    So, I would really like to break them up.  So if we could get like 4 or 5 people in that area willing to show their tanks.
    I think the turnout would be much better.
    So everyone in the IC area.  Please if you are even remotely willing to have your tank on a tour in that area.  Please post or PM me, so I can plan an event for you.

14. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'd be more than happy to go to a Tour in Iowa City as well. I know it seem like we're always having tank tours in Cedar Rapids, but that's only because the Iowa City people aren't making themselves heard!

-JB

15. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did try to do a tank tour last year in the IC area. The first stop was Fawn's and then we were going to go to Riverside andHung's before heading up to CR for a few more stops. Nick and I were the only ones at Fawn's and we skipped Riverside. I know IC has people, hopefully we can have something down there!

16. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    How many people go on these things?

I have a pretty sick tank here in Mt. Pleasant, IA. It has been up for about a year, I put my first corals in last July and finished stocking after the frag fest. I have one more shipment of fish and then I am going live. I would love to have people over for their input.

I am 75 minutes south of CR on HWY 218.

I could provide free beer and food if I knew people would come. I ski most of March so that month is out for me. But otherwise, anytime!

17. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    just be careful on the words you use, free beer will attract everyone including the people from Wisconsin.

18. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By PotRoast on 01/27/2009 06:41 AM
    How many people go on these things? I have a pretty sick tank here in Mt. Pleasant, IA. It has been up for about a year, I put my first corals in last July and finished stocking after the frag fest. I have one more shipment of fish and then I am going live. I would love to have people over for their input. I am 75 minutes south of CR on HWY 218. I could provide free beer and food if I knew people would come. I ski most of March so that month is out for me. But otherwise, anytime!
    I am currently outside your door waiting for my "FREE BEER"! LET ME IN! [​IMG]
    We have a CR one planned in March and Feb would be out as it is too close a time frame to get it organized.
    I will see about doing it either April or possibly May.
    Will put a tentive date on it on the calendar and we wills start trying to get some impressions on what works for you all sometime in March.
    Thank you for volunteering, a couple more of you and we will have a great IC area event.

19. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm game for an IC tank tour. Fawn has a great tank that's worth checking out.

-AJ

20. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We wouldn't mind being a stop....we could use some feedback and maybe figure a way of making the tank nicer.