1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

which controller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBlue, Dec 6, 2007.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My girl told me I could get what ever I want for chrismas so I told her I want a controller for my tank. So here is my question which one should I get?
    Heres the one I was think about getting.
    http://www.neptunesys.com/aquaControllerJr.htm
    Is there any accessories in need to get to go with it?

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Assuming your going to get the kit that comes with the DC-8 and PH/Temp probes, then the next thing that you might want to consider is a serial cable (for hooking it up to your computer). If you do want to hook it to your computer, chances are you will also need a Ground Isolated Serial Connector if you want accurate PH readings. The serial cable is fairly cheap, unfortunately the GISC isn't.

Once you've been using the ACJR for a while, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it!

-JB

3. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Which one you get really kind of depends on what you want it to do?

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It depends on how much you're controlling. At the very least, you'll need a powerbar(DC4, DC4HD or DC8). A pH probe would be nice to have if she's willing to buy it. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

5. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hay JB where can I find those cables you are talking about?
    Matt I think from reading about the Aqua Controller JR I think that will do just what I want. Unless they have one that will cook me breakfast then I want that one instead./site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna be selling my ACII soon, just so ya know.

9. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if you decide to sell it before chrismas let me know.

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I just decided to sell it before xmas.....i gotta do some price comparisons on ACIII's then ill let ya take it.

11. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dang you don't mess around.

12. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Waverz on 12/06/2007 7:25 PM
    Ok, I just decided to sell it before xmas.....i gotta do some price comparisons on ACIII's then ill let ya take it.
    I really didnt find any better price then premium aquatics on the ACIII. Mine just showed up today.

13. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    She told you could have anything you want and you told a fish tank controller, sad, very sad. It just goes to show addicting fish tanks can be.

14. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, since I'm also looking for a controller too. What are the major differences between the AC Jr, ACII, and ACIII. From what I can see the only difference is ORP between the AC Jr and the ACII. The ACII to ACIII looks like just more web based stuff. Anyone know for sure?

15. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here's the comparison on the Neptune Systems website"
    http://www.neptunesys.com/comparison.htm
    I'm not sure about the ACII, but I think it's kind of a cross between the ACJR and the ACIII.   I think it will control more devices than the ACJR but doesn't have the built in Ethernet/Web support like the ACIII.
    -JB