1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Where to get heat packs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phishcrazee, Oct 5, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone buy them locally or is it better to get them online?  I'm looking for at least 48 hour heat packs...........

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    http://www.kensfish.com/shippingsupplie.html

3. saltwater2003

saltwater2003 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Champion Lighting & Supply :: Heaters :: 30 Hour Heat Pack - 10 Pack

Designed for shipping fish and corals, used by wholesaler and exportes worldwide. These 30 hour heat packs will activate in 30 minutes and will peak at a surface temperature of 115 degrees in 14 hours. One heat pack will increase the temperature of a 1cu. ft. box by 15 degrees, each additional heat pack will increase it another 10 degrees. Use enough heat packs to keep the box at 60-70 degrees, the goal is to keep the box from freezing, not to maintain tank temperatures. For example, in a box being shipped in 40F should have two heat packs. It is best to wrap the heat pack in newspaper, air is needed to activate the heat pack. If the temperature of the box drops below 32F, the water in the heatpack will freeze and the heat pack will no longer work.
    Details

Availabilty: Usually ships in 2-3 days

Price: $12.90

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You can also get them from here.  I get my insulated boxes from here as well.  They're out of CA so it might take you a week to get them.  Superior Enterprise

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!