1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Where to buy rio needle wheel mods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mnballard, Feb 1, 2009.

1. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to change my RIO 2100 into a needle wheel pump for my skimmer and I need the Rio Plus needle wheel impeller conversion kit 1700-2500 as shown on their site here.  I can't find anywhere that sells the kit that they list.  Any help would be appreciated.

2. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your best bet would be to just order it right from them. I don't think you will find it local, I may be wrong but thats what I would do!

3. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did this to my 2100. I bought my needle wheel from D&T Aquarium supplies (The only place I could find one meant for the 2100). I then had to dremel off the standard impellar from the magnet and then hammer on the new needle wheel. To be honest, it doesn't work all the well. The flow goes WAY down once the needle wheel is added. It doesn't have enough pressure to draw air in through the venturi so I've had to resort to bubbling air into the skimmer and using the needle wheel to chop those bubbles into micro bubbles.

On my next skimmer build I'm just going to invest in a Sedra pump and call it good.