1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Where to buy copepods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mary, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Mary

Mary Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can someone suggest a place  I can buy copepods?  Either online (if someone has a favorite ) or locally (QC area).
    I am setting up a refugium. 
    Thank you
    Mary

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Mary,

Best place to seed your fuge is from your other members tanks.

Go see 3 or 4 of them & get a cup or 2 of sand from their fuges & add it to yours.

Easy as that.

Craig

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Wish you were closer, I have a spot in my tank where there is thousands of easy to catch copepods.

But as Craig said, it's way cheaper to get it from some friends close by. Even if it's a handfull of macro algae, it's got way more than the $20 bottles get you...

4. Newbeme

Newbeme Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aquatic Environments had two small containers of them on the counter last week. They where DT's and I think the price was $16.99.

5. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    craig and adam are correct,but i ordered from ebay a couple of times and was very pleased. the way my tank looks now,i don't think i will have to order any more for a long time!!!

6. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have also bought pods off ebay before...and mine are reproducing like crazy...my scooter dragonet is a little fatty now :)