1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Where the Wild Things Are

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anna, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We went to see it today, and hated it.  The cinematography and costumes were both great, but I was really disappointed by the dark, mean, and nasty interpretation of the story.  If you're planning to take your kids, you might want to watch it yourself first to see if you think it's appropriate for them.  I had been planning to take my little cousins, but wanted to make sure it was age appropriate beforehand - I am so glad that I did.  What a let down. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    While I'm no longer what you would consider a child, I do find some of the recent "kids" movies great ie UP. I certainly enjoyed this book as a child and am planning on attending with my gf. It is however too bad that it is (on anna's account) on the darker side. I think its been great how they've been able to make movies enjoyable to all ages very successfully in some of those movies.

I'll still see it!

3. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I've been seeing comments from critics etc. that it is not a kidsy movie and I was wondering when I saw the PG13 rating.

4. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'll go see it,it was one of my favorite books when i was a kid!!!

5. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm interested to hear what you guys think of it. There were some key things from the book that were missing from the movie that really bothered me, but I'll keep my mouth shut about the specifics since I don't want to post any spoilers! :)

Mark - it's actually just rated PG.

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We took the kids to cloudy with a chance of meatballs last night.

It was actually pretty darn good, I recommend it