1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Whats your occupation?

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by I Found Nemo, May 27, 2011.

1. F.D. Reefer Well-Known ReefKeeper

Fort dodge
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    Pepsi Guy

2. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I take old cardboard and turn it into new paper at the paper mill in Cedar Rapids.

3. erayk1 Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Coralville, IA
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently finishing school at the U of I while driving for cambus. I'm also a skydiving instructor/ pro exhibition jumper at Paradise Skydives in Vinton. My goal is to become a police officer and I've been trying out everywhere I can. If any LEOs have any advice or inside info about some upcoming hirings, feel free to send me a PM!

4. Zachstankostosmall Well-Known ReefKeeper

Quad cities
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I work for king food service I deliver sea food and others foods to restrnts ,gas stns,etc........so armydog and foo are my rivals/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

5. Zachstankostosmall Well-Known ReefKeeper

Quad cities
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Actully foo I read urs wrong actully pdi does delivers and pick ups for my work ...do u know scott he comes to my work all the time

6. FishandFire

FishandFire Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have just a couple of jobs:

1) Full time union plumber
    2) Part time Silvis Firefighter
    3) Part time Geneseo Ambulance EMT
    4) Baseball Umpire
    5) Responsible for keeping the wife happy

(Not necessarily in that order)

7. I Found Nemo

I Found Nemo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I deal with PDI everyday! Are you a driver ?

8. doug6644

doug6644 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I smash turds at the local wastewater plant, oh and help make sure thousands get their drinking water too.

9. I Found Nemo

I Found Nemo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL Nice! Well thanks for the clean water!

10. Greenonion

Greenonion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sell fish, and corals, and......nope. thats about it.

11. Zachstankostosmall Well-Known ReefKeeper

Quad cities
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm a driver for king food...I deliver to hyvee bettndrf deli and we used to do some chicken bss wigh the chnse dpmnt and a little bit with the meat markets but they said they changed it last year to where they have to get chkn from hyvees main vender so they can track iteams if they are no good

12. varner

varner

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Paramedic/ firefighter

13. Jeff k

Jeff k

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dairy Tech service and install

14. violet21chewy Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines area
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I work on improving crops thru genetic and traditional breeding techniqes.

15. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lab Rat UIHC

16. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    Actuary at Principal but took an actuarial position at AEGON in CR that I'll be moving for in under a month.

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Great thread!

I'm an Electrical Engineer at Brown Engineering Company in Des Moines. I just got my PE so I expect my job commitments to go up a bit pretty soon.

I also maintain a few tanks as a glorification of my hobby.

I will also shortly be building mass quantities of acrylic products, if I can stop the bleeding on the emergency situations that just seem to keep popping up!!

18. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I manufacture a concrete block core foam insulation product called Thermco Foam. I also have a crew in house which installs it. This job pays the bills....but I don't love it. Which sucks.

My girlfriend has an organic farm which is now profitable....and I have been spending a lot of my free time out there instituting new high tunnel technologies to her setup. We are building an actual greenhouse (panels, vents, etc) this fall and part of it will be for corals and an also an aquaponic setup.

19. pondman

Davenport
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Maintenance director at a healthcare facility

20. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very Cool!!! Long term, have you ever thought about organic prawn or shrimp production in a closed system? Maybe some of the guys here on the forums know a guy Brian Tapken, who has been working on a farm for some time now, he lacks the funding and steam to really get it going, but spurred my interest in researching the topic. Once I settle into adult life in the next couple of years I intend on coral farming as well, and I am entertaining the idea of leaving my comfy hospital job sometime down the line to begin an entrepreneurship in intensive aquaculture. Although I'm highly analytical, it takes me a year to crunch numbers and decide on any investment.