1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Whats wrong with my Imperator Angel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matti1978, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Matti1978

Matti1978 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got my Imperator Angel about 2 months ago from iowa seascapes. It is a juevenal about 3-4 inches long and it is turning white. It has alot of white areas! Is it changing into an adult? Or does it have ich? It acts healthy and it eats good and none of my other fish are sick or have white spots. I have only been in this hobby about 4 months. Help!

2. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Turning white? Like white spots that look like salt? White fuzzy patches? Pictures ALWAYS help /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, first of all, pictures would help everyone a lot. Second, is it fuzzy or on the surface or actually in the pigmentation of the fish itself? I don't know anything about these fish, but from what the little I found when looking on Google, this could be normal. Considering that they make a pretty drastic change from juvenile to adult, it could very well just be the transition.

Juvenile
    [​IMG]

Adult
    [​IMG]

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, what he said...

5. Matti1978

Matti1978 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its not not as bright of blue from when I bought it. It has white spots on its tail. I tried to take pic but you couldn't really see the spots. Do you have a pic of what ich looks like?

6. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3-4 inches is a little small for the transition I think!

I don't think they start the transition until they are 5-6" I may be wrong.

Some pics will help!
    Ick looks like small suger size spots on the fins and side of the fish.

7. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if these guys get HLLE. Yellow tangs turn white when they're suffering from it. I haven't heard of an angel with HLLE though.

8. varner

varner

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    are you saying he looks faded if so what has his diet been?needs a big changing variety.Do you have any caves or hiding places? this is a must. Is it a full time look or at certian times of the day?If its a morning or night thing both mine did the fading thing around bed time. How bigs the tank?need alot of room and water flow. whats your water specs? Sounds like you just set up your tank. Have had two of these over the last 7 years one died of a blizzard the other pulled a disappering act while in mid color change. They are very sensetive to all of these factors they need all to have a chance they are very demanding most dont survive to adults. from what i always read diet was very very important for a good outcome. i to got one from iowa pet foods they where very helpful with helping me with a diet for mine im sure they could put something together for you if they havent already.