1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What`s your favorite bulbs and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AJ, Nov 7, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need to pick up some new bulbs, both SE 400W and 48" VHOs.  I know that the XM 20Ks are a favorite of many because of the deep blue that makes the corals really pop.  I was hoping to get some 14Ks to balance the growth and color, but I'm not sure what brand to buy.  I've heard the 14K Radiums are nice.  Any other opinions?  I will be using them with Ice Cap electronic ballasts.  Also, I've heard that most of the VHO actinic bulbs are about the same.  I was planning on getting the UV brand SuperActinic bulbs.  Opinions?  Let me know what you use and how happy you are with them.
    --AJ

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i heard the new 454 bulbs from UV give really good color but not sure where to get them.

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's the other option from Aquacave for the actinics...

--AJ

4. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive seen some sweet tanks with 20k reeflux bulbs.the owners seem to like them

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love my Reeflux bulbs. I started with using the 12000 K's and then went with the 20000K's with this falls replacement. I don't see a huge amount of difference between the two although the 20's are a little bluer.