1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What`s this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AJ, Dec 7, 2008.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another noob question for all you experts out there...what is this in the picture below
    [​IMG]
    I'm referring to the brown thing on the bottom side of the zoas.  It's small as you can see by looking at the size of the sand below it.  It's right in the front of the tank.  It has the same coloration as aiptasiam, but bulbous tentacles...kind of like the surface of my orange ricordia.    You can't really see it in the picture, but it's on a stem that goes all the way under the rock.  Any idea what this is?
    Thanks in advance.
    --AJ

2. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a mojano to me. Looks like it's stinging the zoas, so you ought to kill it ASAP! Kalk paste, Joe's Juice, or Aiptasia-X will all do the trick.

Anna :)

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's hard to tell, but it also looks like that rock in back that is kind of out of focus might have some small aiptasia on it as well.

-JB

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

TY for the quick response Anna.  I looked up some pics of majano on the web and that's definitly what it is.  I'll get it killed...or send it to Jeremy to make friends with his.  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif  Just kidding...heh  I think I see a very small one growing on a rock now too...I'll treat them both.  That frag that I bought has been more trouble...both aiptasia and mojano on it.  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

--AJ

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

JB,
    The rock in the back is a star polyp that got stage fright from me taking so many pics.  :)  I believe my tank is now aiptasia free...thanks to you.

--AJ

6. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear you got it taken care of AJ! :)

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I treated and it just went downstairs to turn the pump back on to see the peppermint shrimp chowing down on what was left of the smaller one.  Hopefully both of them will be eaten by tomorrow.  :)  Thanks again.  I know that my tank would be crappy without all you good folks to lean on and ask questions to.  You've been a great deal of help to me.  Thank you all!!
    --AJ