1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What no full tank shots?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Greater Iowa Reef Society Become a GIRS Member! GIRS Member

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    The "Full Tank Shot" photo gallery has been up for a couple days now and only 1 person has posted full tank shots!   Are you kidding me!

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I am the only one with a tank, and everyone else is just lying about this whole "REEF" thing!! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if our tank didnt look like crap right now i would totally post it... and our tank is ... far from done. i guess im just waiting it out right now. if i can ever get this cyno to go away, there will be pictures.

im building a website (nothing special) about all of our (xcaptivates and my) pets including the tank (which is the main part) so hopefully i will have that link available when everything looks better.

4. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can post one of mine w/o any water in it (as it's sitting now waiting to be plumbed) but I don't think that's very interesting to most...

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I've got to clear out my cyano before posting any full tank shots.

6. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

One of the Power supplies went out in my H4.  They are sending me a replacement in the next day or so.  Will be posting then.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sheesh. im glad to know that im not the only with with cyno - not that im glad to hear any of us have cyno. philby... id have to say im pretty excited to see your tank once you start getting some stuff in there....

i didnt take my time picking stuff like i shouldve. - however this gives me a reason to get a bigger tank and be a little more picky with things... so, its ok...

8. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm still working on a FTS. The top half keeps getting washed out when I've tried. The lights are off now.

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pretty nice to have a place for FTS's.  I put mine on there, now let's see yours!

10. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    when I get a little bit of free time i will put mine up there

11. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will post mine once I get it cleaned up. It will be nice to have one last picture before I have to move it. It still is not much to look at since I lost half the tank to a metal halide fluke...

12. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Nice thread.

13. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine is not ready for FTS yet....I am working getting things to grow out.

One of these days.

eins