1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What heater do you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AJ, Apr 5, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used to be a big fan of the Visi-Therm Stealth heaters, but I've had almost all of them swell, crack and fail on me, so I'm looking for a new heater recommendation that others have had long term success with.  Any suggestions?  I've heard Jager heaters are good...anyone out there use them?  If so what's your experience with them?
    --AJ

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I've had jagers for 6 years and liked most of them.

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    most????

4. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    there were a few that didnt work as well as others, but out of 10 or 15 heaters i'd say all but 2 worked just fine

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK...Jager it is. So how many watts are you running for your water volume? I know that the MH lights and submersible pumps make the recommended guidelines kind of a crap shoot. To give some context, I'm going to start out with probably around 110 gallons water volume.

--AJ

6. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I use like 3 or 4 different heaters on my system, this way if one fails the other two will pick up the slack and nothing will die. But I oversize the heater size, I have like 350 watters or so I think

7. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love Jager heaters as well.