1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What Clowns like for Breakfast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidM199, Apr 12, 2008.

1. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I got up this morning and my clown had a mouth full of teniciles, Looked around and my blood shrimp was there, but no clearner shrimp. Anyone else have this kind of problem with their clowns?  These two have been together for like 2 years.
    Sorry not the best pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure it's not just the molt? or it could be that the shrimp died first.

3. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i know that it is not the molt because he is not in this notmal spot and when i saw the body it was the whole thing, But I dont know if he died or he was aten. I did give away the rock away last week, that he stayed under so maybe he was out in the open and the clown was hungry

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a mixed pair of black clowns? The eater seems to be a black saddleback and the one in the rear of the pictures looks like a black ocellaris

5. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nevermind, I saw it is an orange ocellaris. How are they together?

6. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the orange is small and stay more to the side of the tank, the black one is the bully of the tank and sometime getting in to it with my hippo