1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What are you bringing to the Spring Coral Swap?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Rustin, Mar 16, 2009.

1. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys! We cant wait to see everyone! Here is a list of fraged corals and available corals. See ya soon...

Fraged Corals--

Red Cap Montipora; various mounts
    Green Cap Montipora; various mounts
    ORA Supernatural Cap; various mounts
    GSP-Long; various mounts
    Finger Leather; 1 rock mount
    Yellow Millipora; 2 rock mount
    Rose Millipora; 1-2 rock mount
    Tri Color Acropora; 2-3 rock mount
    Tri Color Valida; 1 rock mount
    Green Slimer, 1 unmounted, 1 rock mount
    Green Mushroom colony; 1 rock clump
    Purple Mushroom colony; 1 rock clump
    Indica Montipora Digita; 3-4 clumps non-mounted
    RGN Zoas colony; 1 rock

everything above is from $10-$25 at the end all broken and left overs will be cheap!!!

Available Corals.....for a price!!!

Purple & Green Favia 50+ heads
    Green & Red Christmas Maze 4x4
    Orange Chironepthelia; rock mount
    Green & Purple Hydrozoa?
    Yellow Fiji Leather
    Purple/Orange/Green Rics
    Green Rics
    Green Cap w/Orange Polys
    Green Cap w/Blue Polys
    Frogspawn
    Teal Flowerpot lg
    Dragon Eye Zoas
    Green or Brass Button Polys
    Yellow Polys
    And the famous Anthellia; no seriously please dont bring any of this stuff it is bad for the hobbie!

Dave

2. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Also I will be setting up a donation for Des Moines Central Campus Marine Boilogy! 10% of my proceeds will benifit as well as any used or un-used equiptment collected. This is for a great cause. Recently they lost 2 of there 800+ gallon tanks! The program is way under funded and any help will be great. Checks payable to Karen Stiles DSMCentral Campus Marine Biology. Thanks again Dave!!!

3. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry for the crappy pics but I was in a hurry!  Anyway here's a few zoas and palys I am bringing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How much will these frags go for?

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are you asking about something specific? I would say frags will range from $5 to $100. I will have some for $5 and something tells me Sone will have something for $100. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

6. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    your suppost to say come to the swap and see lol

7. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may be lambing so I don't know if I can make it or not.I'm trying to make a list to give my wife but doubt if I can convince her to take the two hour drive.
    I wished I lived closer I'd love to join girs.

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Then you should join. The events are only one part of the club. You will get your $20 back in the advice you will receive. Where in north central Iowa are you if you are 2 hours away? Mason City? That does make a hike to come to events or get in on group buys.

9. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 03/23/2009 06:44 PM
    I will have some for $5 and something tells me Sone will have something for $100. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    I am not bringing anything that cost $100 per frag!  Although if you feel generous and want to pay $100, that is fine with me. [​IMG]

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well if you did have something for $100 it would be amazing and well worth it. Sone has some of the best corals around these parts or any parts for that matter. I think he and JJ have a bit of a competition going on. JJ won't be there so Sone, you win this one!
    So everyone, buy my frags so I can buy some of Sone's! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

11. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 03/24/2009 05:48 AM
    Then you should join. The events are only one part of the club. You will get your $20 back in the advice you will receive. Where in north central Iowa are you if you are 2 hours away? Mason City? That does make a hike to come to events or get in on group buys.
    Ya up around Mason.Maybe I'll join next month.This is state wide right,I mean I don't just join a district do I ?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think my husband and I will be making it down this weekend, just trying to decide if there is enough interest in our stuff to make the trip.

Here are some of the high end corals avail:
    Tyree Purple Monster- $95
    Tyree Undata- $50
    Tyree Miami Hurricane Chalice- $95
    Tyree Ponape Birdsnest- $35 per large frag
    Tyree Ponape Torch- $45
    Tyree Soli- $50
    RSC yummy mummy chalice- $60
    Fragfarmer Monitpora Setosa- $100

I also have a ton of acro frags for 10-15 including milleporas, tenuis, miami orchid (ora), austeras, tortusas, nobilis, staghorns, deepwaters, turakis, etc etc. Plus we have some really nice zoa and paly frags (some insane pink palys!)

LMK if you are interested in anything. If we do come down (99% sure) I will not be bringing a whole lot that has not been "ordered" in advance. Shoot me a pm if there is something on the list you want. Most of the rare corals only have 1 frag available

If you would like to look up my feedback I have the same username on RC, or you can find info on reef2reef as well.

13. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it is definitely State wide!

14. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    anybody bringing mushrooms?

15. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will have a few red/green ones.

16. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Blue, Purple, Green, Green stripe, Teal Mushrooms what are ya looking for? That is what I have to offer...

17. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    mtfatwork, sounds like some killer frags! Glad to see some new experienced reefers joining up. Great to have you around and hope to see you in DSM this weekend! TRAVEL WITH FRAGS!!!!!!:)

18. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I would also be interested in some zoas, mushrooms and maybe some other softies or lps.

19. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am bringing Blue and Green stripe mushrooms and some finger leather.If you want any other mushroom let me know. Also bringing listed items on previous pages...

20. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Im looking for really nice looking but not necessarily "rare" LPS and a few zoanthid. Not much room for coral so I'm looking for blues, pinks, reds etc.