1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Trade What are some frags needed in the Iowa reefing community?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Fort Dodger, Aug 3, 2017.

1. It looks like a lot of us here in Iowa have the same exact stuff as a result of local fragging and sharing. This is really cool, but leads me to the question, what are some frags that some of us should try to buy so as a community we can get more variety?

I'd like to know what is in the most demand here... what is on the wish list of individuals who supplying the reefing community here in Iowa with frags. Maybe with a little cooperative effort, a few of us can coordinate and get more variety and we can all eventually have some crazy cool new frags.

With that in mind, I'd really like to get ahold of the following:
    JF Fire Dancer Chalice
    JF Yellow Addiction Chalice
    WWC Kung Power Monti
    JF Raja Rampage
    WWC Yellow Carolina
    JF Papa Smurf Acro
    ARC Fireworks Acro
    WWC Rainbow Milli

...and I just got following frags, and intend to share them in the future via swaps with anyone willing to help out with this effort:
    JF Homewrecker Acro
    JF Nightstalker Acro
    JF Orion Favia
    Tubbs Stellata Monti
    JF Fox Flame Acro
    WWC Yellow Tips Acro
    WWC Helios Acro
    WWC Universal Tenius
    Cornbred Ultimate Dragon Soul Favia
    WWC Neon Polyp Monti

2. mrelaz

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I like this idea a lot. I'm leaning towards doing an lps dominated tank more focused on euphyllias but will have acans and chalices as well.

This weekend I'm going out of town and getting mummy eye, pink boobies, and JF hells eye chalices.

And Aussie gold torch, gold hammer and teal hammer.

Nothing too crazy but I don't have them. Ha

Sent from my iPhone via App

3. corey.nolta

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    This is an awesome idea

Sent from my iPhone via App

4. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Great idea. You've really added some nice pieces....will definitely be interested when you grow them out.

5. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    I agree, would be very cool to see some new stock. It's somewhat satisfying to see someone on here selling/trading off frags they've trimmed from their tank...with a coral they got from me...that I got from another member...that they got from someone else...

It shows the community is getting good coverage and we're sharing.

Getting new corals in the mix would be excellent.

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    One reason why we started TNT Corals. A long time ago I shared the same thoughts in a post because peoples' tanks all housed pretty much the same corals (not that there's anything wrong with that:)). Even asked what members were looking for/wanting (specific/general). Responses were few and most were rainbow anything;) And, of course many of the named corals...that is a constant:lol:

7. Thanks Terri! Speaking of rainbow anything, the RBTA I got from you is still really happy and doing great, and I'm still waiting for you to frag your rainbow stylo! :D

I think I have a "Pro Corals Rainbow Stag"... and the JF Rainbow Monti. The JF Homewrecker is the craziest colored coral I've ever seen though. I can let you know when they are ready.

8. alexr

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'd like a rainbow tenuis that's not $300

9. mattman319 SoManyTanks

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    I have the raja rampage, Kung Pow Monti and yellow Carolina. Yellow Carolina is the only one ready to frag though.

10. Nice! PM sent.

11. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I have the Stylo now if you would like to get it in the near future