1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What and how do you feed your LPS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phishcrazee, Mar 16, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just curious what people are feeding their LPS, specifically, frogspawn, and candy cane.  Do you spot feed or just let food drift to it?  If you spot feed, do you try and get food near their mouth or just let it go where it may?  What food does your LPS like the best?

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I like to spot feed all of my softies and lps, i just turn off the pumps and use a turkey baster to blast food at them. It took mine a little while to get used to catching the food, now they are all "trained" and go nuts when i feed. As far as what i feed i feed them everything....literally.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know, my frogspawn has accepted nothing target fed to it. Everything else gets cyclopeeze (the really small lps) or my regular fish food mix.

4. mcclandy

mcclandy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    phyto,cyclopeeze, and any other food that passes through the water column that the frogspawn can catch.

5. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll usually spot feed using a turkey baster and a piece of clear 1/8" tubing put in the end. I normally feed cyclopseese and PE Mysis. Sometimes I trade the cyclops for coral frenzy. I'll usually try to give each polyp at least one mysis the larger ones I'll give 2-5.