1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Well this sucks...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The last couple of weeks i have been hearing alot of splashing in my tank in the evenings.  The tank is a 125 but has alot of coral in it and the fish are running out of room, especially the bigger ones.  Well the other night i heard a big splash then flapping.  I new instantly that my 6" Hippo Tang had jumped out and got stuck between the wall and tank which is only 2" maybe.  Basically, there was no hope of getting it out short of cutting through the wall.  I new by the time i got through the wall the fish would have been gone anyway so i didn't even try  Then i came home today and noticed that my copperband butterfly is also missing,  I am wondering if they both jumped at the same time, I guess I'll never know until I tear down the tank which at this rate might be sooner than later.
    What a day.

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sad to hear. I guess you run an open top?

3. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That really sucks /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    That sucks!

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dude...that sucks. Sorry to hear that... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif That makes a pretty strong case for a cabinet with an open back...

--AJ

6. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that Jeremy. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

7. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    bummer jeremy...Hop that fish wont stink the room up

8. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well u were just talking about getting rid of him for that reason

9. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That really sucks!

10. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man the chances of that big of a fish falling into that small of a crack are pretty slim. This isn't a April fools joke is it?

11. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I wish it was an April fools joke. I as just talking last week about possibly getting rid of the Hippo because she was just getting too big, i think i may have hurt her feelings.
    On another note, i found my CBB today dead under my red cap. Not a good day for fish around here.

12. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    At least you don't have to worry as much about a big fish splash to destroy another MH.

13. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That really sucks...I put the same stuff that people use as frag racks over the top of my tank..it is the white plastic grate stuff that is used for ceiling lights...keeps fish in and still let's the light through...I cut it to size so there are no spots where a fish can jump through...I hope you have better luck