1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

weld-on

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can you buy weld-on in the stores ? does midwest plactics in davenport sale it ? i could make the drive to midwest plactics or some wher close in iowa thanks

2. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes they sell it. They have #3 and #16. Don't forget applicators too.
    That might not be right I might be thinking of midland plastics.
    Midland Plastics, Inc.
    5060 Grand Avenue
    Davenport, IA 52807

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what one would i want to make a sump and skimmer? what glue number thanks so much do you know how much it cost?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what one would i want to make a sump and skimmer? what glue number thanks so much do you know how much it cost?

5. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use the #3 for most everything. You really need to get the edges as straight and clean as possible. To a polish is the best. The #3 you'll need applicators for it is really thin. The #16 is more for touch ups it is pretty thick and comes in a tube. They are very reasonable there I think the tubes are arround $5 and the can of #3 is $6. The applicators for the #3 are around $3 and I'd suggest atleast 2 applicators. Befor I edited my last post you rreposted so hopefully you get this.
    Midland Plastics, Inc.
    5060 Grand Avenue
    Davenport, IA 52807

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks so much

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I found a good deal on #16 on Ebay.

8. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not to switch topics but how is that midwest plastic? do you know if they sell scraps?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i spell that wrong sorry im going to call them today and if thay have what i need ill make the drive wensday if thay have it

10. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey i bought a3 or 4 in clear tube and a1.5 in tube you may be able to used i can meet you have way if you needed pm me elazar

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i made the drive to Midland Plastics, Inc what i got was 4 inch tube 5 foot long he said it was left over from a build thay did so he charged me $14.00 for the whole thing and i got a 2x2 peace of acrylic 1/2 thick and a 6 foot peace of tube that was 7.00 and one pint of acrylic glue and two tubes of the solvent cement #16 it all came to 45.00 i paid him cash