1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Website issues, questions, feedback, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by Bud, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    If you are experiencing any issues with using the new site, if you have any questions on how to do something, or just want to post some general feedback or suggestions, please start a thread in the Website Issues & Feedback sub-forum.

Thanks!
    Bud

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    So we're almost 6 months in, and I haven't received a lot of comments about quirks, errors, broken links, etc. however, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that someone noted that why you're not logged in, you can't see attachments. It was a simple permissions setting that I swear I had set properly, but I guess everyone thought it was just them, or that the site was broken.

So if you see something that doesn't look right, even if it seems only remotely odd...

Speak up!

I need to know these things and fix them. Most things are pretty easy to fix, and even though I'm on the site a lot, I don't necessarily see what you see. Different browsers display things differently sometimes.

Regarding content that existed prior to the conversion (before the end of April 2015), I am aware of broken links for old GIRS smilies - no need to report those. Broken image links can either be due to photobucket-type pic links where the pics were deleted, or old GIRS albums (which have been only partially restored), or missing attachments (some did not get properly converted). Report these if you see them - it doesn't annoy me!!

Links to the old site should re-direct to the proper thread. If they don't, report it!!

Can't get on the site? Use the "Contact Us" link, or check the "Accessing your account" thread. Still having problems? Post on the GIRS Facebook page. We'll take care of you!!

Thanks for all your patience this year!

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Bumping this thread

If you have noticed any strange functionality, or if something seems even the slightest bit out of place, please start a thread in this sub-forum or simply click this link to start a new thread in the Website Issue forum.

This really goes for anything related to the website, here is a short list of examples:

Anything that shows up strange on a mobile device
    (Note: mobile responsive design will move things around: you can see how this works on your desktop by shrinking the browser window down to match a typical smartphone size)

Overlapping graphics, buttons, other text, etc

Anything that ends up taking you to an error page or any kind. Hopefully, a repeatable one - otherwise it was probably just a glitch.
    (Note: links to areas of the old website will typically take you to an error page, but you should still click the "Report" button if this happens, so I can globally fix it - if that's possible)

Functionality that seems confusing (might be worth making an instructional video)

Functionality that seems to be missing
    (Note: sometimes this is an error or setting issue, sometimes it's just not a feature...but it could be, if there is enough interest)

Problems with mail not being received, going to junk, or not stopping when you disable them
    (Note: if the latter, make sure you are not part of the "Get All Emails" usergroup)

Problems with menus (desktop or mobile)

Pictures and/or Attachments not showing up

(Note: some older pictures did not get transitioned properly and it was quite random, please click "Report" when you see broken image links)

Anything else, really...if it doesn't seem right, even if you're not sure it's an error, I want to hear about it!

Thanks!
    Bud

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    What's the rating system that popped up under our avatar?

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I found a setting in the Style Properties - this is related to the Post Ratings addon. There is an option to display these values instead of just "likes". Likes are a positive rating, but so are things like Funny and Agree.

Right now, there are no "negative" valued ratings. There are "neutral" ratings however (disagree)

It was just a different way to show this info.

6. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Just trying out the disagree ^ Mister 5 neutral ratings....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.