1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

We need your help to promote Fall Fest! We need feet on the ground!

Discussion in '2009' started by AJ, Sep 20, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone, we need help to promote Fall Fest.  As we get closer to the event, we are going to need some people on the ground to help us out.  Here's what we are in need of:
    Bulletin Boards
    We want to put flyers up all over the place.  Pet stores, public bulletin boards (i.e. grocery stores and other well traveled areas), etc.  The reason why we need lots of help with this is that most of these boards get cleared off on a regular basis.
    Local Fish Store Saltwater Departments
    We have some promotional flyers that we want to see if they local fish stores can distribute to people interested in the hobby.  If you already visit your local pet store on a weekly basis, all this would involve is taking a pile of promotional materials with you in case they have run out.
    Craigs List
    We will write text for the event, all you need to do is post it.  We will want the posting to be bumped on a weekly basis so the old one will need to be deleted and a new instance re-posted.
    If you're able to do any of these things, please let me know.  Part of the responsibility with this will be to update me on what's been done and commit to see things through to the end.  Once we get a list of people that can help, we'll start distributing the materials and get the show on the road.  Thanks in advance for everyone that has already expressed interest in helping to make Fall Fest great!
    --AJ

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be willing to do the craigslist. Do I have to do it for all of IA, just my area, or what? I would also be able to put lots of flyers up at ISU. I can print myself if black and white is fine (as I only have a bw laser here at home) or if I could get some color printed off for me I can get those out too. I can probably get them posted in local hy-vees (ames), walmarts, etc.

3. dewdad

dewdad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PN sent  Can get the word out over in Omaha as well.

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you both for being willing to help out. I will send additional info via PM in the next day or so. We still need more people. We need to cover ever major metro in the state and every pet store. If you frequent your local pet store, you're a perfect person to help. Post here or PM me to get involved.

--AJ

5. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I can post a bunch of flyers around the UNI campus and a few by the fish tank there in the science building. I work at Hy-Vee so I can post some there, not sure where though. I can also make a trip to Mad Hat Pets and hang some up along with having them hand out some to sw customers. Let me know if there's anywhere else you think I should go, do you think Walmart would let me put some up by their fish department? I could also call PetCo and PetSmart to see if they would let me hang some stuff up.

I myself don't have a printer, but can give my cousin a couple bucks to print some color copies, but I can print out a ton of b/w copies on campus for free. I'll pm you with my email and such.

Adam

6. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    AJ, let me know if you're getting my PM's, their not showing up in my sent folder.

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I got it and returned one. Mine don't show up in order so maybe it's buried on the second page or something.

--AJ

8. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I could put up some flyers at several locations at work. It would get exposure to several thousand people.

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be great.  Let me guess...Rockwell?

10. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    yep

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great...I'll add you to the list.

--AJ

12. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump...we still need more people. Specifically for Iowa City, Manchester, southern Iowa (all over), Quad Cities, Dubuque, etc. It sounds like we have Des Moines, Omaha, Ames, Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and Cedar Rapids covered...but having more than one person in any of those areas would be good too.

--AJ

13. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump