1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Waterloo Get together??

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by DavidM199, Aug 20, 2009.

1. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone in for a get together.  i was think that Mini-golf, go-karts, batting cages could be fun. Out at airline mini golf.
    If i get enough people that are willing to hang out I will start to pick a date. we could even go out and have some drinks too

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I would love to get together sometime, but I would rather do something hobby related rather then social.

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Craig you wanna go swimmin or what? haha

I'm up for anything, just let me know what day and I'll try to get off or switch with someone.

Is anyone going to the swap in Coralville?

4. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My vote is for hobby related and it really depends on when it is for me... busy schedule.

5. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i was think of doning a tank tour, athough I feel that we have seen most everyone's tanks.

Craig how is your tank doing? How would you feel about a craig tank tour and bbq, we could all car pot to get there since its out in the middle of nowhere

anyone else have any ideas of something to do

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    It is coming along. Basically just a bunch of frags starting to encrust right now. I almost have my breeding set up done & should hopefully have some baby fish within a month.

We would be happy to have everyone out for an afternoon cookout & mini tour. We have a nice playground & plenty of space if anyone wanted to bring kids.

Let me know, sometime mid to late september would work best for me. Sunday afternoons or a late Sat afternoon or early evening. If it is dry enough I have a big bonfire to burn someday.

7. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea that would be awesome to get to see Craig's tanks. I've been pretty curious about them for a while now. Don't you have a couple 250 gallon tanks, or what's the setup?

If we indeed do this, please give me a week or twos notice so I can make sure I get work off.

8. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to go on another tank tour. Hopefully we can see some new tanks, or some tanks we have already seen but may have changed a bit. I might want to make some trades or buy some frags along the way.

9. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Matt I just got done messing with my tank and got some frags ready to go if you are interested

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I am free the weekend of Sept 26 & 27th. I can also do a RBTA cutting demo if anyone is interested.

If that sounds good we can post a poll & do it Sat from 4-? or Sunday from 1-?

11. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds like a plan if u are interested I may want to buy that rbta from you when its healed up