1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Waterloo/Cedar Falls area quarantine tank.

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by adampottebaum, Nov 3, 2009.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I'll give the info first. Last week I bought a whole bunch of stuff from Luis Reyes from Independence(just outside of Waterloo) and he didn't have any use for a 10 gallon tank so he through it in with the deal. I wasn't sure what to do with it either, but thought, hey, it's a free tank...

Last night Josh Heinen(Waterfowler) called me for help with a sick tang. He didn't have a quarantine for it, but he was using a 5 gallon bucket. After a while of talking I thought it would be a good idea to pass this 10 gallon tank around the area when needed for a free emergency quarantine tank.

I think we should have some rules to begin with:

1. The tank can only be used by paid members. I want this tank to be a benefit of supporting the club. Also, the small $20 membership fee already pays for the tank, so why not become a member?!

2. Anyone who borrows the tank must list all medications they plan to use or have used with this tank in this forum. Please don't use freshwater medications as this will ruin the tank for use as a saltwater quarantine tank.

3. We are to know who has the tank at all times. Anyone who gives it to someone must let everyone know who/when they let someone borrow it.

4. You break it, you buy it! If substantial damage is done to the tank, you must replace it, this is common courtesy.

5. Any disputes we have with this tank will be answered by the area Trustees(currenly David Mahncke and me).

6. Please keep the tank within reasonable distance to the highest majority of the members of the area. This tank should be easily accessible to those who need it.

Any other ideas or opinions are welcome and appreciated.

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Currently Josh Heinen has this tank. I gave him a full bottle of a wide variety medicine with it. If anyone wants to add anything to it when ever they use it, feel free.

Josh, please keep this bottle with the tank for the next person!

3. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Med's so for are Melafix, Herbtana, and CopperSafe. The Herbtana and Melafix will be past along with the tank. Also I have a filter and heater if they need one.