1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Water temp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jstngates, Jan 24, 2018.

1. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    So this last weekend we moved my aquarium thank you Steve Jones very much. I got to thinking my water temp was mid 70s or so. Back in the day I kept it 80-82 with t5 and halides. I can honestly say Ive never worried too much on temperature. But since I added leds a year ago my corals have disappeared. Mainly my zoas. But I've never done good with leds. But would 75 or 76 be too cold. perams are always good. Every once in a while some phosphates. So whats the opinions? I've been in reef for 10 years. My best tank was when I first started with a 75, no ro just regular tap and I ran pcs. Tank did amazing and I Had best growth ever.

2. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I think anywhere from 75-82 is fine as long as there aren' t wild swings in a short period of time.

3. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Mine is set at 78°. On my metal halide tank if the temp goes above 80° my lights turn off, this usually is not a problem since I have a small computer fan run on it in the summer. Before my apex, it would get into the lower 80's but everything seemed fine. This past fall I had a heater that went out on my 120g and I lost a leather when the temp dropped to the lower 70's. Everything else was good.

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I set mine to I think 74F but the tank seems to maintain that or higher without any heater operation