1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Water Movement

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Guest, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, Eins, Covey and Vvolfe1,
    What kind of pumps did you have mounted in your tanks?  I saw they were magnetic mounted pumps, I thought I might ditch the SQWD and go with something like that.  The pump and pvc kind get in the way of my returns and overflow, it's doable but I might need to run pvc to the sides so I can get the kind of flow I want.  I thought something like your configuration might look cleaner.
    By the way, I just got the new Fosters and Smith catalog and saw the Hydor Koralia pumps which made me think about it.
    Thanks

2. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I love my Koralia's. They would be a good fit and are affordable. Would save some one the electrical bill vs. the CL.

They work on wavemakers too.

3. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have Tunze 6101's....they are way overpriced at 319.00 ech

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I might get the koralia's, I have a wavemaker, I could probably hook them up with that.  If I go that route would anyone like to throw in on an order to Fosters and Smith?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 11/23/2007 5:30 PM
    I have Tunze 6101's....they are way overpriced at 319.00 ech
    Wow! that's one heck of a price, but your tanks throws out some serious flow.

6. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have Koralia's too. I don't think as highly of them as Covey but the price is right. I'll probably upgrade mine to the Tunze power heads that are similar. I do like the wide spread flow. I just think the quality is lacking.

7. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Atram on 11/23/2007 6:01 PM

I might get the koralia's, I have a wavemaker, I could probably hook them up with that.  If I go that route would anyone like to throw in on an order to Fosters and Smith?

ill do an order with you if you do it thru aquacvave.
    we can get a pricematch and free shipping.
    i need 2- k-4s
    i cant do it immediatly either , i have to run it past the boss thru the usual stages which are , absolutly not, are you crazy, when is this gonna end, jeezus christ, youll be sorry when were standing in the cheeze line, we need a car, the bills are due we can do it next week, and  finally just go ahead it dont matter what i say anyways.
     if you want to wait, gimme a few days to get the ok from her.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By seanndenise1 on 11/24/2007 8:29 AM

Posted By Atram on 11/23/2007 6:01 PM

ill do an order with you if you do it thru aquacvave.
    we can get a pricematch and free shipping.
    i need 2- k-4s
    i cant do it immediatly either , i have to run it past the boss thru the usual stages which are , absolutly not, are you crazy, when is this gonna end, jeezus christ, youll be sorry when were standing in the cheeze line, we need a car, the bills are due we can do it next week, and  finally just go ahead it dont matter what i say anyways.
     if you want to wait, gimme a few days to get the ok from her.
    I went ahead with the order,  I've been prostinating on this for along time, ask Covey.  I decided to take a proactive approach.  Maybe someone else will jump in with you, I know it's a pain to get the boss to give an Okay.  I was recently told the following "It's easier to ask for forgivenes than permission". And decided to follow the mantra.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By vvolfe1 on 11/24/2007 12:02 AM
    I have Koralia's too. I don't think as highly of them as Covey but the price is right. I'll probably upgrade mine to the Tunze power heads that are similar. I do like the wide spread flow. I just think the quality is lacking.
    I went ahead and ordered them, if they don't live up to expectations then an upgrade will be in order.  My tank is only 3 feet wide so I don't think it will to much of an issue.  I haven't seen you piping up much lately, busy with the family or putting in another 60 this week?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats funny just buy the stuff u only live onces so what if u dont get a peace for a few weeks or u have to sleep on the floor or in the basment for a few days she will get over it hell my wife told me tonight im paying the whole dam elactric bill this month with all the new lights i have wonder what it cost to run 6- 65 watt pc and 175 watt mh and 2 pc 40 watts on other tank

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    them power heads are junck thay dont move crap for water my freind just bought 2 btand new ones for sea of mavel for 60 for a pair he might sale them he didnt even put them in his tank

12. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Atram on 11/24/2007 9:10 AM

I went ahead and ordered them, if they don't live up to expectations then an upgrade will be in order.  My tank is only 3 feet wide so I don't think it will to much of an issue.  I haven't seen you piping up much lately, busy with the family or putting in another 60 this week?
    they are pretty good powerheads if you ask me, i have 1 i got from einstein
    and it seems like it puts water out in a large area, different directions.
    the one i have is at about the 2/3 point in my tank pointing across it longways and it moved the sand 13 inches below it, they dont work like regular powerheads.
    the k4s are putting out 1200 gph at 8-9 watts .heck. you cant beat that.
    but the thing i like best about them is the magnetic holder and the swivel direction.
    its about as good a system i think we can get, without going high dollar.
    2 4s in your tank will be plenty i think. i have 1 in my tank and it gives good movement in about a 30x22x18 area.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By seanndenise1 on 11/24/2007 6:38 PM

Posted By Atram on 11/24/2007 9:10 AM

they are pretty good powerheads if you ask me, i have 1 i got from einstein
    and it seems like it puts water out in a large area, different directions.
    the one i have is at about the 2/3 point in my tank pointing across it longways and it moved the sand 13 inches below it, they dont work like regular powerheads.
    the k4s are putting out 1200 gph at 8-9 watts .heck. you cant beat that.
    but the thing i like best about them is the magnetic holder and the swivel direction.
    its about as good a system i think we can get, without going high dollar.
    2 4s in your tank will be plenty i think. i have 1 in my tank and it gives good movement in about a 30x22x18 area.
    Good to hear, a few people seem negative about them.  I'm looking forward to hooking them up to my wave maker.

14. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Your getting two 4s Al?

I think I got lost in all the quotes.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, I ordered 2 koralia 1's, 400 gph.  I hope that's enough.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont want to be a pest but u wont like them al thay dont move crap for water we bought 2 last week for 30.00 a peace from sea of mavels in iowa city thay are not worth the money thes are number 1 i dontknow abought number 4 ones are not worth nothing but good luck on them u wan tot borrow one all to see if u like it? before u open yours u can all ways send them back i can loan u one

17. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The ones are really for nano's if you run prop pumps you have to order higher GPH then you would expect. The zoa-ric tank it might work.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    got 2 brand new ones al my buddie will take 50.00 for pair hes in davenport iowa thay are Koralia's 1s

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    them power head aint that great but thats what i think i love my 2 wave makers but 25.00 a peace i cheap brand new covey what one u running a 4?

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    shawn u wan tto go to som ill drive and pay for gas let me know when u want to go will take a road trip will hit a few pet store up thair