1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

water motion/wavebox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcclandy, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mcclandy

mcclandy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone ever use a tunze wavebox?  I have been reading about them.  I have become interested because i had plumbed a new closed loop with a scwd but it did not work out.  I was using a mag9.5, submerged, but found out when i placed it in the tank that the pump is not sealed well enough.... i got a minor shock. (it never tripped the GFCI).  Anyway, i am not going to drop a ton of money on a wavebox, but wondered if i could make one.  The wavebox looks very effective.  In the mean time, i am going to replumb my closed loop so the pump is not submerged.

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The wavebox is very cool as a stand alone unit.  I have used it on a 120 and a 210.  It works great!  I've read some people have put it on tanks smaller than 75 and still had good results. 
    The only downside is the size of the wavebox itself.  It's pretty big and can be an eyesore to some people  If you have a controller(Aquacontroller, Profilux) that is capable of controlling Tunze pumps, you can also use it along with a controllable Tunze pump.  I use a 6055 nanostream for a wave in my tank.  Others use a 6000,6100,6101,6200 or 6201 for theirs.
    Here's an example of a 6055 on a 120 gallon.
    http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/slovan1/?action=view&current=VID001.flv

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sone is that one 6055 moving the tank like that?

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes Billy, that is one 6055 with all other pumps shut down to show the wave.

5. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats impressive.

6. mcclandy

mcclandy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That is quite a bit of movement in that tank!