1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Water Flow from Pump

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madjabjoe, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Madjabjoe

Madjabjoe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a Pan World SP200 which is rated at 1750 GPH on my current setup. I have a fish room in my basement which is where my sump, return pump and other equipment is located. Can someone guesstimate what my GPH is in my main tank up stairs is. There is about 10 ft of Head pressure. I'm thinking 1000 gpH. Just wonder what others might think.
    Thanks. 

2. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If someone can suggest a comparable pump that is on the list - you could use the head loss calculator on RC - http://www.reefcentral.com/calc/hlc2.php

It would be hard for someone to calculate your head loss w/o knowing how many 90s, 45s and outlets are in the return plumbing from this pump...

3. Madjabjoe

Madjabjoe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use flex tubing the entire length. Were it enters into my tank I have 4 lock line outlets 3/4 in size that screw into PVC pipes. So I would have one "T" conector though for my PVC pipe extending the length of my tank.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you will need to get the pump flow chart to tell what you are getting upstairs, every pump is differnt and the chart does no acount for any loss from fittings and pipe.
    Next week i will make up a excell flow calculator, as you have to solve for the renolds number. flow from a impeller type pump depends entirely on the resistance to flow, ie head and restrictions. and is all pressure based so a high head pump will allow more pressure drop and maintain flow, a low head  pump will slow to a trickel .