1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Warning to all

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gered, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you try and post anything reef related on craigslist or anywhere else for that matter be watchful who is replying to these ads. I was contacted by a former member who was banned.

His e-mails just included pointless questions that were already answered in my ad and then tried low balling me. After a while he just started attacking me and now is threatening to press charges. For what reason...I am totally clueless.

I just wanted to share my experience so everyone else can watch out.

Gered

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Turn around and threaten to press harrasment charges :) and restraining orders haha. Or ask for his address so you and friends can deliver the product "in person" :)

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Just for the record we have yet to ban an actual member of the club. And sadly your not the only one he's been messing with.

4. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well if you need any more reason to ban him give me an email and I can forward the whole deal.

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'd just ignore/avoid the guy all together he's already proven repeatedly that no good comes from dealing with him...

6. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    it would be helpful to post his email address here, so we would know who it is causing the trouble. otherwise, we don't know for whom to "watch out".

7. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    marcwheeler@hotmail.com. Pretty straight to the point there

8. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This just all so sad. Is he really this bad or are you guys all picking at him? it just seems like theres 20 people against one on this. and maybe rightly so... i have no idea how the issue with this man became so brutal. I am not on the board enough to know. It is frightning to think he's gone off the deap end.

9. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is sad that we had to do somethign like this. But in this case I would say that everything is justified.

10. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He really is that bad. If you disagree with him he immediately wants to sue you. It is sad. It is amazing how many of us have dealt with him in such a short time.

11. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 11/09/2009 01:11 PM
    He really is that bad. If you disagree with him he immediately wants to sue you. It is sad. It is amazing how many of us have dealt with him in such a short time.
    Or he starts swearing enough to make a sailor blush.

12. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    poor guy... he has to live with himself.....