1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

War coral(Favites Pentagona)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slovan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well I fly there tomorrow so I won't be able to order any shoot. Maybe I can find them local there.

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you are going to be bringing the corals back with you, I'm sure you could probably get away with the hand warmers. You might have to replace them a couple times but they would probabaly be fine. Or just don't worry about it and have them ship it to you.

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Airlines have no problem with you checking coral domestically. Try to take it through customs on an international flight and you will have trouble.

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By slovan on 12/03/2007 3:27 PM

This is where I usually get my heatpacks.  http://www.kensfish.com/shippingsupplie.html  I get the 40 hour packs just in case there are any delays to the package, the corals will have a better chance of surviving.  Ocassionally, you can find them cheaper on eBay.  The brand name is UniHeat.
    I wouldn't trust those hand warmers that supposedly last for 8 hours.  They don't have the heat output of the bigger packs and I don't think they last a full 8 hours.  They probably last 2-3 hours before they start to cool off.  I have received corals with them and they are stone cold by the time it reaches me.
    When I could travel with them carry on I used the hand warmer packs. But checking them I would treat them like they were shipping overnight and use the longer lasting packs in case they get held up overnight.