1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WANTED- a sapphire skimmer!

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by rockinsmall, Jun 29, 2009.

1. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im looking for a small skimmer to fit in my nano...  please pm me if u have anything

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have one but you can't have it, neener neener neeener.

Watch the buy/sell forums on nanoreefs and RC, also make sure you get the newest model with the dual recirc, they are the bomb diggity.

3. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how dare u tease me....

what skimmer do u think i comparable to the sapphire and fits in a 29g biocube??

and what is a dual recir.... as my mechanical, electircal, diy, knowledge is not so great...

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i'de saythe saphire aquatics is hands down the best skimmer for the 29g BC, i know there are is a little tunze skimmer that is supposed to be good to but doesn't fit in the back chamber as well as the saphire does.

The dual recirc means it has two pumps, one pumps water/air in and the other takes that water/air and mixes it even more making it one bad little mamma jamma.

They are a little pricey but are the best you can get for the BC29.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too have a sapphire and am not willing to part! Sorry...

Post a WTB thread in RC, and keep your eye in the FS forum. They don't come up TOO often but I see them occasionally. You'll be happy you went with a sapphire!

6. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i found one for a 24 jbj nano  cube for $75 shipped...  i figured i could make a little table for it to stand higher on so it doenst sink.. what do u guys think??  also.. i wanna post a pict so u guys can tell me if its a good model.. too old or what?  but i have never been able to figure out how to post a pict??????

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I would wait, save your pennies and get the one with the dual recirc for the BC29. They cost a little more but are worth it. The reason I got rid of my old model is that I don't have an an auto top off on my BC29, as soon as the water level dropped an inch my skimmer stopped working. The new models aren't dependent on water levels.

8. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    waverz.. i have an older model sapphire on my other biocube and i just hooked it up... but i am either missing a part.. or not doing something right... it makes bubbles but it doesnt reach the collection cup. is there supposed to be a tube that brings it up to the cup or is my water level too low?

9. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like your water level is too low, i hated my old model because of that very same issue. Unless you have an auto top off to keep the water level stable those things are almost useless.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rockinsmall-
    I have found that I need to keep my water at or about an inch above the little window on the side. The min max lines don't apply when you install this skimmer.