1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Want some xenias?

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by vikubz, Jul 2, 2009.

1. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Well, the xenia harvesting went well. I used the back edge of an exacto knife to scrape the base away from the rock. Once you got it started it peeled right off. I'm going to put the frags amongst some rubble in the sump of my fowlr. I also have a large colony on a softball sized rock, plus another rock covered in xenia and various mushrooms, and a small piece of LR with just a couple stalks. I think I might see if our friends in W. Des Moines are interested in the big colonies, but I can save some frags for anyone that wants one or two or fifty.
    Mark

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They work pretty good as scrubbers in a sump.

But you might even have trouble giving them away.

3. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, a little xenia goes a long way. If kept in the sump, do they still manage to migrate to the DT via return pump?

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't believe they break off to float around to another spot. As long as the rock they are on is sounding by sand so they can't travel to another rock or to the glass, they should be contained for the most part.

5. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just did the same thing to peel a few off a rock. Fairly simple. I rubber banded them to a smaller rock so I can contain them to that rock alone down on the sand bed. I like the silver pulsing I have but dont want it to take over what ever it wants. PS did you notice the strange smell it has outside of water? Xenia smells wierd... lol