1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Want New RO Unit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not happy with my RO unit, and wanting to get a new one.  I was wanting to know what people would recommend.   I think i would be willing to spend  $400 but hope I find one less then that. 

2. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thefilterguys.biz has good ones. Good reputation. airwaterice.com has good ones too. I have the 5 stage ocean wave + from filter guys and like it.

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Call the filter guys or air water ice and talk to there customer support. If you tell them what your looking for, they'll probably be able to point you to the ro/di your looking for

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have a Typhoon III from airwaterice.com, i think its a great unit but have heard great things from the filterguys.biz as well. If it were me i would make sure to get clear canisters, dual DI stages, inline TDS meter, pressure guage, a membrane with atleast a 98% rejection rate, and an auto shut off valve.

The reason i love my Typhoon III is the fact that it has a RO sample port, this allows me to have the DI hooked up to my reef, and the RO portion hooked up to my drinking water system as well as my ice maker.

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got mine from bulkreefsupply, the chloramine buster. Its an awesome unit and comes with everything preassembled. Plus, since they're in MN, it's overnight shipping to IA /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

6. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bulk reef supply is convenient. filterguys are in Wisconsin.