1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Vote on Waterloo event time

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by DavidM199, Aug 26, 2009.

1. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are planning a RBTA how to spilt demo, grillout, and Craig's tank tour. He has and acreage near la porte city. Please vote on what date/time works best for you

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    This should be great, as long as we can watch some football if it's Sunday... We could bring some drinks and sit around for a while afterwards...?

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By adampottebaum on 08/26/2009 08:41 PM
    This should be great, as long as we can watch some football if it's Sunday... We could bring some drinks and sit around for a while afterwards...?
    Well my Bears do play at 3:15......

4. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would love to go but i hope it is on sat so i don't have to miss any football,my team(vikings)play at noon and i am glued to the tv all day(with lots of beer in the fridge)and would hate to risk driving under the influence lol!!!

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By wolfman1973 on 08/27/2009 07:49 AM
    i would love to go but i hope it is on sat so i don't have to miss any football,my team(vikings)play at noon and i am glued to the tv all day(with lots of beer in the fridge)and would hate to risk driving under the influence lol!!!
    Man, you gotta use your TIVO or DVR.  Then you just fast forward through all the commercials!

6. wolfman1973

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you see being a viking fan is hard thing to do,we have seen great teams go to 4 super bowls and lose them all.and now we have the old man favre under center and that is the reason for the fridge full of beer,and i will either be drowning my sorrows and chewing the tips of my fingers off or celebrating(with beer) either way i will more than likely be inebreated and should not drive,but i am one person and what ever works for the everyone esle is fine with me. lol lol

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I was going to wait til later to start teasing you about the queens.

8. wolfman1973

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well craig,at least you didn't say Da Bears!!!

9. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    The best football is saturday anyway.

10. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    No prefererance yet on the date, but I plan to attend. I need to see about fragging a large GBTA. I think there are some others out there that could volunteer to be on the tour. I was able to do some trading of goods and information by volunteering.

11. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Damnit, I totally forgot I'll be in Minnesota that weekend to watch the Niners destroy the Vikings... I'm a big niners fan and my girlfriend's a big vikings fan so we split the bill on the trip. I'll be gone Friday til Monday, so I won't be able to be there that weekend. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif Any chance it could be a different weekend? :) haha

O and Dan, I can get plenty of pics of Vavre tearing up after the game for you!

12. dewdad

dewdad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    would love to come up from Des Moines for the Demo but I have to be to work at 4 PM on Sunday, not much of a football fan so Saturday would work best for me. If not Sat. maybe next time.

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ruggerkc on 08/27/2009 04:30 PM
    The best football is saturday anyway.
    No doubt!

14. wolfman1973

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i love to go to iowa games but nothing compares to the NFL!!!!!

15. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel that sat sounds like the best time for the mostly.

Do we have any other conflict if we move it up to sept 19 so Adam could make it???

16. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Don't know if I can stay for football though, being a Packers fan. Although I am a bit of an old Niners fan too. Did you know that at the Vikings/Chiefs game there was a lot of Packers jerseys there just to boo Favre?

17. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    It doesnt matter to me, whatever date the most people could make it.

I am easy.

And yes, the BEARS will will the NFC north easliy this year, with GB a close second.

18. wolfman1973

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow,bold statement craig! i think it will be a tight 3 way race. the vikings won it last year with mainly gus frerotte at qb and i am no favre fan,but he is better than frerotte. the vikings have the best defence and a vastly improved special teams(which cost them some games last year)and their offence has a chance to be very good.i like the vikes chances to win it again. and adam,i would love to see pics of favre's tears of joy after the vikes beat the niners.have fun on your trip up there and have your girl take some pics of you tearing up,that would be great. and to get back to the subject at hand,i look forward to seeing your set up craig!!!

19. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yes please!

20. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    AAAHAHAHAHAH