1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Volunteers For CR/IC tank Tour

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Troy, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Saturday Oct 24 we will be having our CR/IC fall tank tour.   If you are interest in showing off you tank please post here.   Thanks and lets have a great turn. 
    Troy

2. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have requested the 24th off of work so as of now I am in

3. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow this is a hot topic....

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha...yeah, sometimes people get intimidated and don't want to show their tanks for fear that they will be compared to some of the other fantastic tanks in the CR/IC area. I would like to remind everyone that the tank tour is not just about showing off how sweet your tank is; it's also about getting ideas on what you can do better to make your tank better. We have had a number of people on the tank tour that have either just set up or had a problem with something that they wanted assistance with. Either way, we usually end up getting four or five stops on the tour..sometimes it just takes some time.

--AJ

5. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey i was texting another buddy of mine and he said he wants to be on the tour too...he will probably write something on here in the next couple of days

6. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    also Aj are you going to have the tank you are currently running on the tour?? I would like to check out the bigger tank build in person.

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I can probably show my tank if we need a filler stop, but people would probably rather see some new tanks...

-JB

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can be a stop, but IMO, it would be boring...just building up the infrastructure stuff right now. The tank will be in mid-cycle. Maybe just a damsel or two in there. I would rather be on the spring tour when I actually have some corals in there. Troy has a really nice tank and so does JB. They also have all sorts of stuff behind the scenes in their fish rooms too that make their tanks pretty interesting.

JB, your tank is always good to see. I'm sure that people would love to see the growth since you added the calcium reactor.

--AJ

9. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am like JB, I can be a stop if needed, but i would like to see some new tanks in the area.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, what happened to all of the Cedar Rapids people. This area was hop'n back in the spring and now everyone has disappeared into the woodwork!

11. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Don't make me come down there....

heh

12. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We have 3 stops so far
    dzabler in IC
    JB in CR
    Troy in CR
    I would like to have at least 2-3 more stops for this.
    I know that there are more people in the CR/IC area, lets see them tanks.
    Troy

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, if that's all the interest we have, we should just cancel the tank tour.

Hopefully we have more interest for Fall Fest....

-JB

14. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you two would like to come down and grill out and talk fish you are more than welcome too.

15. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And who ever else wants to can come too... :)

16. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So since there really isn't any interest in a tank tour right now. Should we just hold off on this and wait intil early next year and try again.

17. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I say we delay until more people show an interest in having something like this again.