1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Various pictures of my tank....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JByrd, Dec 24, 2008.

1. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These are some pictures of my tank from start to present for anyone that is interested...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Soon to be replaced with a 55 gallon and new Skimmer and yes all the outlets are GFI protected...
    [​IMG]

3. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Finished for now!!!! 
    [​IMG]
    How it all started....
    A dream and a picture out of book..and alot of money that I will never hear the end off...  a total of 12' long by just over 7' tall.

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks great! I am in the process of building a stand for a 120 (not as large as yours) out of curiosity what kind of wood did you face the cabinet with?

5. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for posting the pictures. The wood work is very well done. The tank is looking great too.

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks really nice! I like how it's incorporated into the whole wall/bookcase idea.

7. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By gb387 on 12/24/2008 09:20 PM
    Looks great! I am in the process of building a stand for a 120 (not as large as yours) out of curiosity what kind of wood did you face the cabinet with?
    All materials were purchased at the Home Depot in Clinton, Ia.  The cabinets were faced with Cabinet Grade Plywood and Trimmed out with select pine. Stained with Minwax Cherry and urethaned.