1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

turbo charging zoa growth...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anna, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was reading earlier, and found some random post saying that if you cut the mat between zoas/palys it helps make them grow really quickly.  I can't remember where I saw it, but I was really curious to hear if any of you have heard of that and/or tried it.  I'm thinking of doing a little experiment with multiple frags of the same zoa to see what the results are.   Anybody have any input on this, or do I just need to try it out?
    Anna /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I believe it is called petal laceration. It came about when people letting their frags heal noticed that the frags and the mother colony grew frast in most cases than it did befor it was fragged. To do this all that really needs to be done is to take a razor and make small cuts around some of the outer polyps.
    I have done it before with a few of my zoos and would agree that it does work. Everywhere I made a cut a new polyp did grow.
    I found on some of my zoos though just having them in the right place with the right amount of light gets them growing as fast. Another thing that helps is squirting them with a little coral frenzy or other small food.