1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Treatment for eye cloud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waterfowler, Nov 4, 2009.

1. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Tang has eye cloud I think from a parasite. I'm treating him with copper safe (just started today) and melafix (for 3 days). Not seeing any improvement any ideas or thoughts? Is melafix any good for this?[​IMG]

2. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It will take a couple days to see improvement. Just to make sure you are using this in a hospital tank as most corals do not like copper safe. From what Ive seen eye clout is more than often bacterial (not saying it cant be a parasite in there) and melafix should work.

3. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got him in a 10g his eye's are all white now. Hope to see some healing soon instead of just watching him get worse every day. Looked like it started from the inside and worked out. Its hard to say if it had a parasite or not.[​IMG] -Josh

4. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    so what did you decide to treat him with. if it looks even worse by saturday i would check into maracyn or maracyn 2. both are great products and between them cover pretty much anything bacterial.

5. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sill using the Melafix looking a little better this afternoon. I just hope he gets to eating soon. I think he mite starve by the time he gets better!

6. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    theres a new product from reef nutritoun i dont remember what its called but its pretty much red leafy algae in a jar. ill check on the name tomorrow at work. offer him cover and fresh food to pick at.

7. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Nick its not looking good! Picked up Maracyn-2 and looking at the chart he has a true fungus and a internal bacterial infection! Eyes are looking better and I don't see any cotton stuff on him but he lays on his side breathing is vary rapid.

8. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    yeah, all you can do is a 25% water change and treat with maracyn but if hes laying on his side and breathing heavy its pry to late. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif sorry but best of luck

9. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think he will make it threw the night .[​IMG] Thanks for the support!