1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Solved Advice? Tiny powerhead needed for Refugium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StoneFunk, Nov 23, 2016.

1. StoneFunk

Polk City, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 2 / -0
    Does anyone know of a good option for a tiny powerhead that I could use to add a tiny amount of flow in my refugium? I recently purchased the smallest that Seascapes had and it is still too much. I am basically looking for something that is just enough to keep my chaeto turning while not disturbing the water surface. This is difficult as the powerhead will need to be an inch or two away from the ball o' chaeto.

I am constantly battling cyano on my chaeto, though it stays out of my MT. Phosphates are undetectable and might even be too low after I added GFO. All other parameters are inline with where I want them. I am guessing flow is my problem since, but my options are limited due to the layout of my sump.

2. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Can you tee off from your return pump with a small valve and tubing regulate the flow that way.

3. StoneFunk

Polk City, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 2 / -0
    Hmm, that might be a good option. Same difference, but I might T off my pump for my GFO/Carbon reactors since I am only pushing a small amount of flow through them right now. It is probably better for the pump also instead of restricting flow. Thanks for the idea.

4. Bill Liebbe

LeClaire
    Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -0
  5. StoneFunk

Polk City, IA
    Ratings:
    +20 / 2 / -0