1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Thursday Fishbowl Social

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by jtesdall, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Remember! This Thursday at Mickey's to throw a few back - 6 PM. Please let me know who is intending to come. We can start by discussing reefs and then who knows what else. And if you are really nice .... I might let you beat me in a game of pool!

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me and my fiance will be attending, might be a little after 6 before we get there (off work at 4 and live an hour away) but we will be attending. And i will take you up on that pool game! haha

3. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where mickey  elazar

4. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    1800 86th Street in Clive. Across the parking lot from Barr Bicycle. Hope to see you there Elazar.

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'll be there but my pool skills are weak. My foosbal and dartskills are also weak, but less weaker than my weak skills at pool.

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might be there.... not sure quite yet.

7. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my pool skills are so..so...but they are alot better than my dart and foosball skills. My drinking skills on the other hand are very well honed /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have never played pool before, so maybe you guys can teach me. [​IMG]
    Come to think of it, I have never drank either ..... so I have a bunch of learning to do.

9. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, if you have never done any those are you sure you will be able to get in or will they deny your fake ID /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif j/k

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Geeez, do you think they will card .... now I am nervous. [​IMG]
    This is looking like a nice get together. I am looking forward to it. One topic for discussion tomorrow night. Should we continue meeting at Mickeys or move to somewhere else. We can see what people think.

11. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wish I could make it but the g/f is making dinner tonight and I best not miss dinner.

12. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey if you get this before 6 i'll be running a little late, and how do i know who you are??? i never met you before :)

13. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hope everyone has a good time. Maybe I will have our graphics department make a cardboard cutout of me so if someone ever meets me, they will know what I look like. :p /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

14. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was a good time, granted me and joel and mike were the only ones to show, it was a good time, i enjoyed myself. i did learn quite a bit as well. I will gladly attend the next one :) and i do plan on beating joel at a game of pool in league regulations next time /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

15. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it was a good time. Thanks for coming Chris and Mike. You already beat me with bar rules Chris, now you need to do it with league rules? You are cruel! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    I am also looking forward to the next event.

16. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My apologies for not showing. I forgot that my wife was taking my out to eat for my birthday and I forgot to post letting you know. I'm glad some of you showed up.