1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Thinkin about taking a break...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jtown, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well fellas it summer time and alot of other things going on. Ive noticed I have lost a bit of interest in my tanks lately.  I dont know what to do!
    On one hand I feel like I should just have a sale and get rid of everything and start over with a tank that I REALLY want since I want to upgrade anyway, but on the other my tank is finally stocked and looks sick.
    Talk me out of it before I post a "getting out of the hobby" post!!! I mean I could make some quick cash and you guys could get some sick little sps colonies but I dont know if thats what I really want.
    Is this just a summer thing? I know come winter when its back inside all the time ill want my tank to play with....
    Im torn............

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wait man!! You will be getting the winter blues soon enough.

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Happens every summer.......just do your water changes and go on about your day.....you'll be glad you did when the snow flies

4. rvarner

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Justin you're still gonna need some stock for the new tank. Just keep growing that stuff till you're ready for the change.............or until it's ready to frag for me :) oh, and the rock I got from Brandon is coloring up nicely. Thanks again!   Ryan

5. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    id say wait it out also it will pass,im haveing the same issues,trying to get a 75g setup while my 50g temp. tank is being neglected.all because im just to busy.im looking at it as my 75 will be well cycled.  maybe what you need is to be in the tank tour

6. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that is true, why didn't you pop in on the tour justin? you working? my tank has been well neglected as well the past few months wanting to get my 120 up and going and all plumbed but i look at it and its just alot of garage work i dont want to do in the summer cause well i got no air out there haha, so winter should be ready to get to work. You'll get back at it in a few months. just let **** grow :)

7. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Jtown on 08/13/2009 07:41 PM
    Well fellas it summer time and alot of other things going on. Ive noticed I have lost a bit of interest in my tanks lately.  I dont know what to do!
    Hey Justin, summer is almost over. You have 5 1/2 weeks left until September 22nd. [​IMG]  If it was me, I would sell everything off to pay for the next tank you really want.  By the time you get that done, it will be cold out and you will have a new tank to play with!

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    For the record, I firmly believe that a bit of "tank neglect" isn't always a bad thing. You might be amazed to see what happens if you just feed when necessary and just let the tank do it's thing.

9. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JB is right... ive barely paid attention to my lps softie tank since starting my sps tank, i looked at it last week and could not believe the growth! i have regained my interest in it...

half the fun of the tank is getting new stuff, once uve filled the tank u begin to lose interest, b/c the hobby is about the new best coral.... so, if u wanna break it down and start over.. call me first!!! but seriously... This hobby slows down in the summer.. thats the nature of it... retail slows, boards slow, participation in club events slows... just relax and feed it now and again.. u dont have to be crazed about it all the time...

10. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just go any buy your 120 you want and be done. stop your damn whining :)