1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

The unoficial virtual tank tour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When you live 20 miles from the nearest grocery store you are not likly to get to show your tank on a tank tour. So being as I am one with this situation I figured I would start this and see what happens. Just post a pic or two of your tank and tell us about your setup. Thank You, Shaun

[​IMG]
     This is my 100 gallon acrylic tank. I had to buff out a bunch of scratches in it. It is lit with T5's and has a 55 gallon sump. I have SPS, LPS, and softies in it with a 22 inch brittle star, a yellow tang and a psycodelic mandering goby. Plan on adding more fish soon. Most of my SPS came from Bill. They look awesome, the pic is before they were added but it is the newest pic I got. Shaun

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    cool idea, I will try & do mine this weekend

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Great idea! I'll try to get some pics up soon.

4. Slurpeshark

Slurpeshark Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great Idea... Mine is still in the beginning stages... this is a panorama of my 55 gal, its got 2 -250w mh's, remora skimmer, 2 clowns, a blue tang, diamond goby and sixline and a chocolate chip star (will be removed when we get corals) no corals yet as money needs to look better first :) will be going with a mix of sps and lps when i can.
    dont be decieved by the 3 clowns, stitching the pictures together is decieving.

[​IMG]

5. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like your aqua scaping and the panorama

6. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here is little Johns biocube 14. It is pretty much stock with a airstone skimmer in it. He is real proud of it.

[​IMG]

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I have meet reddogs son he is a total reefer in the makeing. That boy knows more than most adults.

8. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Bill. I am sure that it will not be long and I will be asking his advise on stuff. He is a wiz kid with a TON of energy. He loves reefing and is always willing to check out another tank. His favorite book is The concientious marine aquariest. Of all the book he could read he chooses that one. Makes a dad proud. Shaun