1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

The Sticky Petco $1/gallon Sale Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Greater Iowa Reef Society Become a GIRS Member! GIRS Member

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    Since this is a recurring event I figured let's make it a sticky thread and just update the original post whenever it's happening. Anyone can bump the thread whenever it starts up or ends, etc.

Right now it is going on from:

September 25th - November 5th 2016

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    PS Petco is not sticky...the thread is :lol::lol::lol::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::wacky:

3. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Turbo.... Depends on the PetCo you go to. Haha! :roflmao::roflmao::p:p

4. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Oh I've been to one of those sticky PetCo stores.

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Pets plus in Burlington is also having the $1 per gal sale right now

6. MadManMadrid Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -0
    All fish are 20% off till tomorrow in coralville

7. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    Just a heads up that the PetCo $1/gallon sale is going on through January 28th. Additionally, it looks like select locations are now including 75 gallon tanks in this sale... not sure which locations include this size though.

Petco Local Ad – low prices on pets and pet supplies

8. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    There you go @ShaneP@ShaneP only $2.50 and you have a nic3 new tank for those lightning maroon clown fish you won. :)

9. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I went there immediately after the party and bought a 10 gallon, a new thermometer, and a heater. They're nice and happy, for the most part. The one absolutely batters the other still but it's getting better. They're eating well too. @Borky00@Borky00

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Merged into the sticky thread

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    It's on again, from now through February 3rd

$1/gallon on 10, 20, 29g tanks.

50% off 40, 55 & 75g tanks
    (I guess the 40 & 55 have dropped off the "sweet deal" level...)

It's a good idea to call ahead to check stock first, and also to verify your local store is taking part in the sale (I think all of them are, but I wouldn't go 20 miles out of my way without calling first...)

Find your local ad here (just enter your zip code): https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/local-ad

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Need some verification on this, I saw it posted the FB but none of the local ads seem to be showing it, for WDM or QC or IAC....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    It's showing up in the flyer for the WDM Petco now:

$1/g for 10, 20, 20L, 29
    50% off 40B, 55 & 75
    Valid Dec 26 to Feb 3 2018

These sales used to include the 40B and 55 at $1/g but I think this change is due to the glass/materials shortage, also they reason some tanks are now thinner-walled

14. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I’m at Coralville Petco right now and can confirm it’s here as well.

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!

[​IMG]

16. FYI- I was just at the Petco 7333 Buffalo Rd. Clive. They have a limited $1/Gallon sale: 10G, 20G, 20L and 29G Aqueon open-glass tanks, then 50% off 40G breeders and 55G Aqueon and Tetra open-glass tanks. They also added Taste of the Wild dog food (which is awesome) and have $5 off manufacturer coupons right now, although I would go grab the manufacturer coupon then head up to Iowa Pet and Sea Scapes to get the food bc I'd rather buy local, but that's just me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Was curious so I double checked, looks like this sale is at all Des Moines area locations.

18. kingpin

Boone, IA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The sale is back on. Just got an email a couple minutes ago.

19. Screenshot_20190728-143121.png