1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

The OFFICIAL Clean Up Crew Group Buy Thread...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello Boys and Girls, as you may or may not know we are having our first statewide meeting February 28th above the Chrome Horse Saloon in Cedar Rapids.  We have lots of cool stuff planned already but thought we would add to the coolness by offering you guys an opportunity to get in on a killer deal on cleaner crews.  The site we have chosen has a very good variety of snails, crabs and macro algae and is offering free shipping as well as 30% off listed prices!

The place we are ordering from is www.Reefcleaners.org, i have read some pretty good reviews from them and they have a really neat way of catering to reef clubs like ours.
    Not sure how a group buy works??   It's simple!!   All you need to do is shop like you normally would from www.reefcleaners.org, when you get to the checkout page simply type "group buy" into the coupon box and it will automatically give you the discount.   You have in between now and February 23rd to get your order in.  After that, they will bag everyones orders individually and put names on all of the bags and ship them to me.  I will then bring your order to the meeting on the 28th for distribution. I should also add, if you are wanting a Custom Crew you need to act fast as they will require up to a week turn around time on them.
    Sound simple enough?  It's a great way to get free shipping as well as 25% off!!
    This deal is for GIRS members only so if your not a member JOIN NOW!
    IF anyone has any questions please feel free to post here with them.
    Remember, the dead line to get your order in is February 23rd!
    Get your order in now!
    Click here to go to Reef Cleaners Now!!

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WOW 30% I am going to have to order a lot more now :)

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It's actually 25%, I had to re-read the webpage, still a good deal.

4. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I see they have rock. Is that fair game also?

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That is a very good question, let me ask about it and I will get back to you.

6. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well after I asked I decided to look at rock and it doesn't sound like it can be discounted or shipped with the live orders. I was hoping I could get some and try it out.

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just a heads up. It looks like their inventory varies by day. I noticed that some things are gone today that were available yesterday.

I'm going to be ordering for my home tank and our tank at the office, so I was hoping to get some starfish and shrimp, but they don't have either of those right now...

-JB

8. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Do you by chance remember what kind of shrimp they did have? If you see they have some of the shrimp and such back on there can you try notifying about it because I am interested in them. I am going to keep a watch on it also.

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I tried to order & it said coupon code not found

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I didn't see any shrimp, but given that Peppermints are a common cleanup crew item, I would hope that they would have them. I know that I saw brittle starfish yesterday and they are not in the list today.

-JB

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw emerald crabs there the other day that are not there today.  Might be worth an e-mail to the guy running the site to see when they will be getting new inventory in so that we can check back at another time.
    --AJ

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am doing that now, we maybe switching to option #2. I just thought that this way would be easier because everyone could pay their own bill up front.
    He is pretty quick to reply to emails, i will let you guys know what he says ASAP.