1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Travis, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if anyone else here is as die hard of a new batman nut as I am, but I made it to the 12:01 opening of The Dark Knight and let me say it was AMAZING!!!  Even if you hate batman you must see this movie to see Heath Ledger as the Joker.  He was the whole movie the rest was just gravy.  Anyone else see it? Please no spoilers as I don't want to ruin it for others.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Yes it was very very good. It is a must see even if you arent a Batman fan.

I couldnt recognize Heath at all, he was amazing

I love the magic trick with the pencil!

The big black dude on the boat really surprised & thrilled me.

I am ready for the next one with 2 face

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Do not take children under 12!

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We went to see the movie on Saturday and I was afraid that all the hype was like so many other movies I've seen in the past.  Well.........Heath Ledger was awesome!  He definately MAKES the movie which is not typical Batman fare by any means.  My husband is pretty hard to please and he was still talking about it two days later.
    It really isn't a movie that's geared towards young kids at all and I doubt they would even enjoy it let alone be able to follow it.

5. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great movie!!

I was really surprised that they would kill off Commissioner Gordon though, he was in all of the comics.

I also loved Tiny Lister's part.

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw it, but dozed off about 10 times during it. :S

I thought Heath Ledger did an amazing job, but I didn't think the movie was all it was hyped up to be....but then again, maybe if I had been awake the whole time it would have been better.

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lee on 07/22/2008 1:48 PM
    I saw it, but dozed off about 10 times during it. :S
    I thought Heath Ledger did an amazing job, but I didn't think the movie was all it was hyped up to be....but then again, maybe if I had been awake the whole time it would have been better.
    Being awake would be key in following the story, Lee...  Geesh  [​IMG]
    A many of the parts I was impressed by actually required paying attention throughout the movie.  I am planning to go again before it leaves the theaters.  My brother says he needs to go at least 2 more times because he missed most of the plot and story details due to his being distracted by the pure awe of the whole thing. 

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just saw it... Uh... WOW

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Going to see the imax version this afternoon. thanks for the unnecessary detail surely leading to a lesser enjoyment of the movie, nykademus. dick. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

10. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah...I'll have to drink some caffeine next time...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    heh... i see what you did there

12. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why so serious... I never get to have any fun. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

13. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw the movie at Imax and thought it was great....however I sat in the 2nd row which was way too close and so I'd like to see it again so I don't have to keep moving my head back and forth.

I agree with everyone's comments though - Heath Ledger was amazing, it wasn't a typical Batman/Superhero movie and actually had a good plot, some great character development and of course lots of great action/gadgets. and yes, staying awake is important to understanding most movies...

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you don't want to have to move your head back and forth, don't go to the imax. I had a pretty good seat and some scenes are simply unwatchable. At times I almost got up to let someone walk past in my row of seating and realized that it was just someone in the movie on the left hand side of the screen.